Magic's 2007 Info Meeting

Some of us most certainly DO know what we're talking about. Some of us DID try to help.

Then some of y'all wonder why people wouldn't want to volunteer...go figure. :blink:

Yes, people who weren't even alumni or had kids marching tried to help you.

"Never look a gift horse in the mouth".

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Show me a Div I corps with a primarily in state membership"

Three California Div I corps (PC, Esperanza and Mandarins) are primarily in-state, and I suspect (but don't know for a fact), the Cascades are predominantly in state as well.

Listen, I dont think That MagiIsUNDERRATED's posts are rude at all.... he is just strongly devoted to the corps he loves...the one he can call a family!!! He is defending his points in a way that seems to be.. the only way to get through to these internet junkies that have no idea what they are talking about....with a few exceptions!!!! If you marched a corps, then you should be able to relate to what he is saying... with myself also being a member of Magic '06, i am gladly doing everything in my power to make sure that this corps fields in 2007!!!!!

No person in this thread is doing anything to stop or hinder Magic from fielding next year--quite a few, in fact, have worked to help get your corps down the road, so you need to drop the defensiveness. This thread needs to stop being about members getting on each other and more about the issue at hand. Coming in here and shouting at everyone because you don't like what they're saying is obviously accomplishing nothing postive for Magic.

Just an idea......we have some room in the Sarasota/Bradenton area for a junior corps. Lots of kids just hanging out and , gee, if there was a corps in their backyard....what do you say? Think about it. I might know some interested band directors who may be able to help you out...me being one of them.

Listen, I dont think That MagiIsUNDERRATED's posts are rude at all.... he is just strongly devoted to the corps he loves...the one he can call a family!!! He is defending his points in a way that seems to be.. the only way to get through to these internet junkies that have no idea what they are talking about....with a few exceptions!!!! If you marched a corps, then you should be able to relate to what he is saying... with myself also being a member of Magic '06, i am gladly doing everything in my power to make sure that this corps fields in 2007!!!!!

Word from an internet junkie who just might know what he is talking about.

At the age of 16 I started with a corps that had been inactive for over a year so I have been there. Problem is I read the anger and insulting tone and my first thought is not how much you and magicisunderrated care about your corps. My first thought is if someone was trying to decide which corps to help out (volunteer, $$$$ or other) some of these posts would tip the scales to support someone else.

Or to put it in the words of our BusMang at the time (Larry Hershman) : "We have enough things going against us right now. Last thing we need to do is #### people off."

Before anyone posts again, please consider the position magic was put in by the author of this thread. Questioning adminstrative Moral's and critisizing the organization when he didn't know anything about the circumstances. The meeting came and went and now we need to raise 50,000 dollar's. So... How does any representative of Magic Let the author of this thread know how we feel, and ask the DCP public for help at the same time?

Catch 22

Does anyone else understand how this prompted the action's of people who posted that are directly involved with Magic?

Imagine (no pun intended) your corps was in the same situation. (Don't tell me that your corps couldn't be in this situation, just try)

Edited by MAGICisUNDERRATED

Listen, I dont think That MagiIsUNDERRATED's posts are rude at all.... he is just strongly devoted to the corps he loves...the one he can call a family!!! He is defending his points in a way that seems to be.. the only way to get through to these internet junkies that have no idea what they are talking about....with a few exceptions!!!! If you marched a corps, then you should be able to relate to what he is saying... with myself also being a member of Magic '06, i am gladly doing everything in my power to make sure that this corps fields in 2007!!!!! I agree with the way he reps his corps and just so you all know.... he has had these posts cleared with Curt Bieglow who just so happens to be the assistant director of Magic, so obviously he is defending Magic in an appropriate manner! Thanks you to all who have made suggestions to held... and a special thanks to all who have taken a part in donations and fundraisers.....

To Continued Success, "Laser"

The Magic '06

Baritone

:feednotroll: :feednotroll: :feednotroll: :feednotroll: :feednotroll: :feednotroll: :feednotroll: :feednotroll: :feednotroll: :feednotroll: :feednotroll:

Same troll, different name???

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::wall::wall::wall::wall:

OK, I'll bite on this one. Following is my opinion and opinion only:

First off here is the original post for everyone (including me) who forgot what it said:

"On Tuesday night, October 17, a question and answer session regarding the 2007 Magic season will be held here in Orlando beginning at 7:30pm at the outside seating area in front of House of Blues located at Downtown Disney.

So the Magic are having the first meeting concerning 2007 at a bar. A Disney bar, but a bar none the less. Hmmmm "

I'm reading it as somewhere between a legitimate complaint and someone being a smart ### (and I know smart ###). IMO, it doesn't really mean squat compared to the problems facing Magic and it's members. But it upsets you and that's fine. But in your "defending" the corps there have been posts that have offended others, including people who have helped before and may help in the future. To make things worse you appear to use "defending the corps" as a reason for the venom in some of your posts.

Let's get down to the basics: What's more important, showing you feelings about the corps in ways that may alienate others or coming up with more "diplomatic" ways to express yourself for the good of the corps. IMNSHO ('cause I've been there) you need to realize how what you have posted may negatively affect your corps.

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

"On Tuesday night, October 17, a question and answer session regarding the 2007 Magic season will be held here in Orlando beginning at 7:30pm at the outside seating area in front of House of Blues located at Downtown Disney.

So the Magic are having the first meeting concerning 2007 at a bar. A Disney bar, but a bar none the less. Hmmmm "

Since October 17th, the unknown director, as well as the assistant to the unknown director, have done ??? to propel the Magic into '07 season? Does anyone know? There have been several positive suggestions found in this 28 page thread, but there doesn't appear to be, either here or on the Magic's website, any plans announced.

My boss always says, "If you wake up in the morning without a plan, you might as well go back to bed".

:blink::blink::blink::blink:

So did Magic in 02. Guess the only difference is that not only did Magic win Div II, it moved up to Div I and made finals.

hence a DCI rule change now prohibits this.

Magic was a *wink* Div. II corps...only in name...because of the year off rule.

Magic got all of those gifts of staff and money and an opportunity to get it's act together after the bad management in the late 90s.

Seems like they squandered the opportunity.