VK News...........Staff........and EXCITING UPDATES

Interesting to note that they would revert back to their old ways by holding their open house in, of all places, Anaheim. Surely everyone realizes this is Kingsmen territory. After all, the Kingsmen are on their way back too. Best of luck to both.

Go back to your bridge......

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On behalf of the VK Youth Arts Organization and the Board of Directors, we would like to thank everyone for their support. You can definitely expect to see lots of good things happening with VK in the near future. So stay for more updates and more exciting news.

Also, remember that our Open House is on Sunday November 12th, 2006 - 2pm to 4pm

Canyon High School

220 S. Imperial Highway

Anaheim Hills, CA 92807

Rehearsals will begin December 3rd, 2006..........with camps starting in January 2007. Come and meet our staff, our board, our support groups, and join us as we begin an exciting journey into the future.

Once again, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have anymore questions!! Feel free to email us at info@vkyao.org

MORE GOOD NEWS

We are very excited to announce the appointment of Mike Lloyd as our Percussion Caption Head for the 07 season.

Mike is currently working with our Winter Drumline Full Force Percussion. He is currently obtaining his degree in Music Education from CSU Dominguez Hills. He is the Assistant Band Director at South Torrance High School.......and the director/arranger/show designer of the award winning South High School Percussion Theater Indoor Drumline program.

We are glad to have him on board, now as part of our VK Drum & Bugle Corps, and of course, our winter drumline.

Welcome MIKE!!!

For more information on all our programs, please visit our website at www.vkyao.org

Edited by VKSEC

• 2 weeks later...

Well............OPEN HOUSE is just around the corner......can't wait for that.

Also, as an update, there will be two rehearsals held in December, as follows:

Sunday December 3rd

Garfield High School

5101 E. 6th Street

Los Angeles CA

10am - 5pm

Sunday December 10th

Canyon High School

220 S. Imperial Hwy

Anaheim Hills CA

10am - 5pm

For complete information, updates, donations, fundrasing information.........I invite you to visit our website at

www.vkyao.org

or email us directly at

info@vkyao.org

SEE YOU AT OPEN HOUSE!!!!

So it's en entirely new corps, got it. Does this mean they can't start out in Division I? I have no idea how this stuff works.

The rule was that any new corps, or re-emerging corps that has been inactive for more than one season, had to start in Div II or III, depending on how their evaluation went, membership numbers, etc.

With corps being able to declare an intent to move from Div II/III to Div I, and the mandatory evaluation before being granted full or regional Div I status, I don't know if they can start in Div I anymore. Personally, I don't think it would be a good idea. Start slow, build steady, live long.

Garry

The rule was that any new corps, or re-emerging corps that has been inactive for more than one season, had to start in Div II or III, depending on how their evaluation went, membership numbers, etc.

With corps being able to declare an intent to move from Div II/III to Div I, and the mandatory evaluation before being granted full or regional Div I status, I don't know if they can start in Div I anymore. Personally, I don't think it would be a good idea. Start slow, build steady, live long.

Garry

Start slow...........build steady........live long...........LOVE IT!!!

I thought of a mangement concept when I wrote that. It's "Hire smart, train hard, manage easy."

Garry

Right on. B)

And you should hire smart, train hard, and manage easy, too. Good advice. I think you've already got "hire smart" down.

Too Cool Velvet Knights!