DCA Horn Scores

It's over on one of the xman theads in the DCI forum...

Well, it's over for 2006, but as far as anyone knows IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN at DCA 2007. Since apparently the only change will be another 365 days. And a few corps in or NOT in attendance.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hate to think that the norm is to march prelims on an unlined field, with no photos, and/or no videos. If it is, I would hope to have, at a minimum, advance notice so the corps that don't currently have their own photographers and videographers can plan to acquire said personel before DCA 2007.

Hmm, logic would dictate that hurricanes are not the norm in Rochester NY. BVP shows on their website that all prelims corps got taped except CV and later.

Imagine if it was Carolina Gold that didn't make finals in 2006. That would mean no pictures, and no video at DCA 2006. And now no DCA 2007 for those members with that corps. Fortunately they did make finals in 2006 so they did get pictures and a video of at least sundays performance. Which is more than many other corps got at DCA 2006. As I'm still waiting for my 2006 DVDs with relatively low expectations on the quality of said recordings.

Can't speak for the quality, but that weather was horrendous. If the quality is a little down, I'd understand.

I don't usually get that mad at weather, but I don't expect the hurricane to be there again in 2007.

You sure you never marched Bush? We say stuff like that all the time.

:huh:

Do ya? ^0^

Well, it's over for 2006, but as far as anyone knows IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN at DCA 2007. Since apparently the only change will be another 365 days. And a few corps in or NOT in attendance.

The weather or your negative attitude?

One can only hope that something is learned from the experience and take steps to avoid complications.

Just my 2 cents.

...and Ernesto won't be there. Do you really think that without Ernesto there still wouldn't have been any lines? Having a hurricane blow through the NE on championships is a freak occurance. Get over it. If any corps is planning on not coming back due to Ernesto, they need to get over it too.

Do you really think that without Ernesto there still wouldn't have been any lines?

The lines washed away because of the rain. To my knowledge 50% of the last 4 DCAs have had rain. And historically 40% of all DCAs have had rain. The event takes place outside after all. So it's fairly safe to say that there's a 40% chance that 2007 wont have lines. That's better odds than the lottery. Unless something venue wise changes. Which I have yet to hear anything about. I'll stop worrying about it when it isn't an issue. So far no-one has given any indication that it's NOT an issue. Not that it should have been an issue to start with.

I play the saxophone!

Think I am kiddin? Click here!

T520051005191735609.jpg

There are no Saxaphones in drum corps.

YET! ^0^