CAROLINA CROWN 2006 PERCUSSION

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

easy tiger!!!

yer i have followed the activity for around 20 years and marched in the uk for abt 5 years, and was a snare marcher.

my thow on carolina 2006 was the book, you guys have the abilty but the book did'nt express that!! with new drum staff you guys will rock 2007 and break top 6. bring back the brillance of 1996-2001 :rolleyes:

I cant believe I actually took the time to write this......

Me neither...

It's always a good idea as a current member to let negative comments made online just roll off your back. I know it's a tough thing to do, but it's a wise move, believe me.

Just to clear things up in my defense, and in my fellow members. Yes the percussion did score low. Not because of execution. So kindly get off our backs. Were there dirty moments? yes, as there were in every other lines show. The thing is that most people look at the score and automatically think it is dirty. Were we the cleanest line......No...... were we the dirtiest line...............definately not. What held us back was the book, though it was great musically, it was not enough notes for the judge. I have heard the tapes and that is what it is. You disagree, fine dont care, i heard it and i know.

As far as the comment on the line leaking our bad scores into other captions, listen to the show, ensembly we were pretty nails, timing was excellent, balance with the hornline was great. And as far as a difficult show, we moved more than most lines out there, i guarantee it. Very few drumlines moved as much as us, and playing a book with that much space, running around the field as much as we did, playing at low levels that often is very very difficult.

EXTREME SPACIAL CONTROL, WITH A HIGH PHYSICAL DEMAND!!! watch closely and maybe you neigh sayers will realize it.

To all Crown percussion members that actually read this crap, dont listen, we busted our butts as much or more than anyone out there, we learned alot about music and not just playing notes to get a high score. Be proud of what you accomplished, and know that as your section leader I am proud of each and every one of you. I love you all, and ill see you in november!!!

Don't ever feel like you have to defend your efforts from a summer of drum corps. Period. There will always be those who love what you do and others who dislike it for their own reasons. It isn't about pleasing every possible person, or catering to someone else's demands. It's about achieving, as a marching member, the highest possible level of excellence considering what was handed to you by the organization. If you did that, then congratulations on a successful season.

People will post what they'll post, but it doesn't ever change anything. Don't let them upset you. Do drum corps for the reasons you did it, and for the other people in your line. To heck with everything else.

Crown was tremendous this summer. Just sayin.

emotional post.....i hear you man.....

I was wondering when the unnecessary commentary about how "bad" Crown's drumline was would finally cause one of them to come out and say

"Cool it! Get off our backs!" ... Todays the day!

But you know what? That stuff is all pointless to bring up now, as if they (Crown's drumline) doesn't understand the issue. There's no need (IMO) to

keep belaboring the point. Crown's drumline was good enough to be in the show. They have some work to do this winter and they know it.

I would agree with the point made about letting the comment's roll off your back as best as possible. The LAST place you guys should be worried

about commentary being made regarding your talent and your show is here at DCP... just smile and walk away. Then make every practice for the

upcoming 2007 season count, so you can stick it in the nay-sayers faces!! Now get crackin'... :P

buttkick.gif

For what it's worth, I've become a big Crown fan over the past few years. Bought the Crown CD in Madison and have been annoying my family with it regularly ever since. Keep up the good work.

yay!! thats awesome! I heart Crown!! Percussion rocks no matter what! hardest workers ever.