Old Drum Corps Videos?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Groh (I think) has an amazing websight with ANCIENT 27th clips. Perhaps he will let you use something from them. (Anybody remember his DCP name?)

www.beanman.net is the website; it has the 27th history; the '72 finals and the first year out. Also has the revered (pun intended) Alumni corps performance.

Troopers in in the process of posting some of their older shows on their website; look at Blue Devils site and the Kingsman site as well.

A couple months ago I managed to get the 1955 Madison Scouts... that's some cool stuff. :) I also got '71 Scouts, which was the only time before 2005 that they had a girl in the show... What's that? a cool show that involves Alice in Wonderland!?!

-Weedy

Edited by weedyweidenthal

And here's the 75 Muchachos:

File Does Not Exist

I'm doing a research project at Towson University on the evolution of Drum Corps (focusing on competitive junior corps) and I really want to have some old videos in my presentation. The earliest I've been able to find is 1978. Does anyone here have any videos that are older, and that I can use in my presentation?

Thanks for your help.

Brendan

One of our members of The Royal Coachmen (NY) father always took home movies of us, I wish we had copies on DVD.

And here's the 75 Muchachos:

File Does Not Exist

Oh, but it does exist - more news later....stay tuned.

In the interim, we just posted a clip from 1967 (or is it 1966 - we're still confirming)

Edited by TroopersWeb

Show me that 1975 performance in Philly, TroopersWeb, and then you may take me to the fair, as they say.

Edited by tommytimp