The Old Door

so i don't remember exactly where it was over the summer, i think rockford, hopefully someone can help me out. I remember a show where the cadets had just recently updated their door and the old door from 05 was out in the souvie stand area. There was a sign saying that this guy was going to hitch it to his truck and drive to a dump unless someone else wanted to take it. Well he was taking pictures of people with the door. does anyone know if these pics were put online anywhere? any clue where i can find them? a pic of me and the CHAMPIONSHIP door?? perfect avatar pic

OK so a lot of people (myself included(sorry for 2 cadet bashing posts in one night)) didnt like those shows, but when you really think about it, that door has successfully embedded itself in the annals of drum corps history. Everyone who is ever a drum corps fan is going to remember and talk about it until people just dont talk about drum corps anymore(god forbid that ever ever happen). It's going to just be a phrase you can slip into a conversation and any drum corps fan is going to know exactly what you are talking about and have their opinion on it... a la the bottle dance, or fight club, or KRYSTAL!! or many other examples that im way too tired to think of at the moment.

So whether or not people liked that door, its made its mark.

so i don't remember exactly where it was over the summer, i think rockford, hopefully someone can help me out. I remember a show where the cadets had just recently updated their door and the old door from 05 was out in the souvie stand area. There was a sign saying that this guy was going to hitch it to his truck and drive to a dump unless someone else wanted to take it. Well he was taking pictures of people with the door. does anyone know if these pics were put online anywhere? any clue where i can find them? a pic of me and the CHAMPIONSHIP door?? perfect avatar pic

Indeed, CapRegVet, we were promising that the door pictures would make it online, but alas, they have yet to make it. Let me just add in that I just saw this :blink: and thoroughly enjoy it.

Indeed, CapRegVet, we were promising that the door pictures would make it online, but alas, they have yet to make it. Let me just add in that I just saw this :blink: and thoroughly enjoy it.

Actually I think Key Poulen ........... (YUP the dude who writes for SCV) bought the door and the mirror for his at home Drum Corps museum.

PS CapRegVet send me a pic of you and I'll try to photoshop U with the door.

sully

Yes, Key told me as well that he supposedly has the door.

I wish VK had the door...

:) Wishful thinking, eh?

Yes, I have the 06 Door (1313) and the Mirror. I'm really not sure that it was the same door as 05. I enjoy acquiring drum corps props, uniforms, instruments, etc... that are historic in nature. The Cadets 1313 door, mirror, double sided uniform, and the Dani uniform that I have are TRULY memorable. I'm a fan first...a competitor second and I love expanding the old collection. If anyone has something that might fit well in my collection, please let me know. I especially enjoy acquiring DCI Div 1 uniforms (recent or historic) and or props. I'm still wanting to find one of the old "wonder wheels" that Star used at the beginning of the 1986 season (and quickly retired after a few shows) as well as one of the old pink uniforms with the white star. Please help if you know where I can get one. :)

The 05 door was sold to a group of fans at Regiment's home show in Rockford, IL. They loaded it into the back of their pick-up truck after the show. I'm not sure where they took it, or what they have done with it since then.