Bridgemen announce 2007 brass staff

OH MAN ....HOW MUCH ARE THESE COMPLIMENTS GONNA COST ME HUH??????

"LOOKIN IN MY WALLET"

SEE YOU GUYS (SOON).........; )

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow....

how do we get so off topic!!

lets try this again....

it is with great pleasure tht we announce our brass staff for 2007!!

The great Larry Kerchner will continue to be the arranger. It just wouldn't be the Bridgemen without Larry!

Matt Krempasky will be the new Brass caption head. Matt brings so much to the corps. We are so happy that Matt has agreed to step up and take over the program.

Dennis Argul and Gabe Gulino will bring their considerable talents to the corps as techs. We are so happy to have Dennis and Gabe back with the Bridgemen family.

We are so pleased to have such a fine, talented staff for 2007!!!!

good luck guys!

with a staff like that when and if i ever retire from guard i might just pick up a horn again. :wub:

with a staff like that when and if i ever retire from guard i might just pick up a horn again. :wub:

We can always trade...

^0^ ^0^ ^0^

We can always trade...

^0^ ^0^ ^0^

cawl me ~ we'll tawk :P

i could have you tossing and catching at a 45 behind your back in no time. b**bs

I can give a little insight into our brass staff's mischievous side. It's part of what makes our rehearsals so much fun.

About a year ago, the hornline was sitting in an arc in front of our sheet music. When called to attention, someone's mouthpiece hit the floor. We all said "ooooooh" in unison because we were certain that horn player was in trouble. But Larry Kerchner let it go.

A little while later, we were again seated in front of our music stands as we were again called to attention. Rick Hagey's music stand tipped over and again we said "ooooooh" waiting to see the price to pay for that one. Larry calmly walked over to Rick's music stand. Larry was clearly offering to help and hooked his foot under it. Larry asked "Ya got it?" Rick said "Yeah" and reached for it as Larry yanked it back a few inches. Larry asked "Ya got it?" Rick said "Yeah" and reached for it as Larry yanked it back a few inches. Larry asked "Ya got it?" Rick said "Yeah" and reached for it as Larry yanked it back a few inches. We all busted out laughing!

Another time, Matt Krempasky was going over the rhythms to one of Larry's charts, probably "In The Stone." He asked us to tap out the rhythms on our legs. "Pretend for a moment that you're drummers" Matt said. Someone groaned. Matt added, "Yes, imagine the horror!"

Way back in Dennis Argul's last year marching with the Bridgemen junior corps (1981), there was a goofball moment before the Opener. We were coming on the field in a box, doing the Bridgemen "knock" and looking dignified (well, as dignified as you can look while wearing a yellow zoot suit!).

All of a sudden we jumped around and let mayhem ensue for 16 counts. Dennis performed "the bat dance" (two outstretched fingers of each hand passing over your eyes alternately). Then at Count 1, we all snapped back into the box and continued moving it backfield this time while doing the "knock" in unison.

We put on a show before the show even started. In Montreal, the place went absolutely NUTS!