New Finals format?

I agree that the whole conflicting I&E and Div 2/3 semis day is not good juju. Even though i'm probably not going to go to finals this year i know that I&E is a fun chance for all members to show their individual skills and for some div 2/3 members to go head to head with div 1 members. IT's not all about the competition but it's still fun.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the way it used to be and I, and a lot of others it seems, loved it. Division II/III was all wrapped up on Wednesday. It was great.

Well that was also back in the day when you were allowed to advance and let the chips fall where they may. But now days you have to pay to play. Don't want to make anyone in the club look bad.

I also thought I read that II/III wasn't going to be at the Rose Bowl...or was that just for prelims and semis?

DCI Division II & III World Championships

Pasadena City College

Pasadena, Calif.

Aug. 7, 10, 11

you are correct tom... = / sucks to see that they won't be at the rose bowl... unless things change...

and from what im reading here...i & e is not on any day of competition...

Individual & Ensemble Competition

Pasadena Convention Center

Wednesday, Aug. 8

*edited for typo*

Edited by XxDrumCorpsFanxX

gotta love mismatched information. ampssuck

And PCC isn't that far from the Rose Bowl at all, just on the other side of Colorado Blvd. if I'm not mistaken. The Rose Parade band Fest is hosted there and the stadium has a nice field.

And PCC isn't that far from the Rose Bowl at all, just on the other side of Colorado Blvd. if I'm not mistaken. The Rose Parade band Fest is hosted there and the stadium has a nice field.

cool beans B)

I've checked the maps ... Rose Bowl is about 4 and 1/2 miles from PCC ... not bad at all. Nice that they are going to provide shuttles. Good idea. But I will find a way to avoid those shuttles ... oh, yes, I will.

I think, bari benzo, that you may have inadvertently caused quite a stir today in some offices with your post as quite a lot of people may have called DCI today at the same time and about the same concerns ... heh ... heh ... heh ... nice work!

... and now we have a nice, clear schedule posted on the DCI website so we can start to make our plans.

Of course, maybe it is just a coincidence that DCI updated this page twice today.

Thanks!

I think, bari benzo, that you may have inadvertently caused quite a stir today in some offices with your post as quite a lot of people may have called DCI today at the same time and about the same concerns ... heh ... heh ... heh ... nice work!

despite the amount of chaos I tend make now and then, I do aim to please ^0^

Once again, II/III happily skips off to be second-class citizens away from the rest of DCI. Ugh.

That would be very cool if they had the shuttles going between the two venues.... it would DEFINITELY increase exposure to div II and III, and allow fans to catch more performances than the typical Divison I finals week crowd is used to. ...

I'm hoping this will become reality. I just can't believe sometimes how much good drum corps some people overlook who claim to be "real" fans. Is there a head-scratching icon? Insert here.

I did notice last year on the boards that those folks who took the time to get to Camp Randall early enough to see the whole show were suitably impressed and said they would be back for the Div II/III shows next year.