Madison Alumni DVD

I got mine in the mail yesterday and I thought it was great. I've only watched the DVD, have yet to listen to the CD.

Goose bump city it was, I had to watch it twice. They did a good job with the build up to the big weekend. I just wish they could have done that show at the finals instead of semi's, the crowd would have been as loud as it was for 27th.

Nice display of all the old uniforms, great show, great job guys!!

• 3 weeks later...
I just wish they could have done that show at the finals instead of semi's, the crowd would have been as loud as it was for 27th.

Yeah, this has been debated before. Not sure why it changed but, since Saturday is all about the competing corps, DCI felt the focus should remain there and not on a bunch of old fogies trying to relive a past glory. It's so like DCI to make a mountain out of a mole hill, create controversary where there was none, take your pick. Are they (DCI) saying the the finalist corps were complaining about the alumni corps getting more attention than they were on Saturday night? Maybe it says more about your corps that, if this is true, people were, instead, looking forward to seeing an alumni corps. Think about it!

RM - think I just ranted there

ampssuck

• 1 year later...

I bought this DVD at Madison's souvvie stand Sunday at the Buffalo show and finally had a chance to watch it today. I'd seen pictures that looked pretty amazing to me, so I wanted to see the video. Wow, wow, wow! Really phenomenal. They were very smart in how they approached writing the program, given how little rehearsal time they had. I didn't think anyone would ever blow me away more than the 27th Lancers' alumni performance in 1994, but Madison's performance surpasses that. Remarkably clean, and so exciting in the Madison tradition. Bravo! :wink:

Edited by byline

I bought mine last year from the website... might have to buy another---I'm wearing it out.

I watched the show at Camp Randall Stadium that night, from the press box.. Not a dry eye was seen during Ice Castles Front.

WHAT A BLAST!!!!

I hope you guys had as much fun that night as I do everytime we play before a crowd.

RUMP :withstupid::cool::cool:

I bought mine last year from the website... might have to buy another---I'm wearing it out.

I watched the show at Camp Randall Stadium that night, from the press box.. Not a dry eye was seen during Ice Castles Front.

WHAT A BLAST!!!!

I hope you guys had as much fun that night as I do everytime we play before a crowd.

RUMP :blink::blink::blink:

Thank you! I think I speak for all of us that marched in the MSARP that we

had as much fun performing as you all did watching. For me, it was almost as thrilling

as my rookie season with the Scouts in 89....maybe better in some ways. From the moment

we came out of the tunnel, the crowd was incredible...hard to hear ourselves play for most of the show.

I would do it again in a heartbeat! If we ever get to do it again (Maybe 2013 for our 75th Anniversary)

I hope we get to play Maccarthur Park and/or God Bless the Child....among other greats.

Thanks again, and glad you enjoyed the DVD!

WHAT A BLAST!!!!

RUMP :blink::blink::blink:

My favorite moment is when the company front clicks together in Ice Castles and they switch to backfield camera and you see the crowd erupt. Followed closely by the wedge block at the end of the show in high mark time!

I barely remember performing it, it seemed to be over in a heartbeat. The DVD is a godsend. Another thing great about it is that the second high cam view has stuff the broadcast version missed, like the full hornline ripple into Dueling Banjos/Star Wars drum feature.

Thank you Thank you.

I bought this DVD at Madison's souvvie stand Sunday at the Buffalo show and finally had a chance to watch it today. I'd seen pictures that looked pretty amazing to me, so I wanted to see the video. Wow, wow, wow! Really phenomenal. They were very smart in how they approached writing the program, given how little rehearsal time they had. I didn't think anyone would ever blow me away more than the 27th Lancers' alumni performance in 1994, but Madison's performance surpasses that. Remarkably clean, and so exciting in the Madison tradition. Bravo! :blink:

OK, Now you went and did it... I had to watch it again.. ON A BIG 52" HD TV...

WOW! Almost as good as being there...

Thanks for the feedback on your feelings...

Marching Cabs Alumni gives me the opportunity to remember the days of Color Pre's, Great Company Fronts, and Ripping peoples faces off with your horn..

It just doesn't get any better than that.

Next Show---DCA Alumni Spectacular.. Labor Day Weekend... Rochester, NY---BE THERE!!!!!!

Hope the MSARP will be able to join us on the field some time.

That would be awesome!!!!

Be well and enjoy the moment

RUMP :cool::cool::cool: