Bridgemen rumor

I do know one of their tenor players in the 80's moved up to Bayonne from florida to march with the corps by hitchhiking then sleeping on a park bench through the winter and spring rehearsals. He taught our line in 1988 and told us the story himself.

name please?

i think he may be adding a little drama to the story!! :P

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uh....buttplugs?

We always pretty much new it was a drum corps "urban legend" back then...but make no mistake no matter what these guys that were IN the

corps tell you... there were a few dudes in that corps that looked not only about 30 years old, but also like "Hell's Angels" and bad mo-fo's.

27th and Bridgemen were HUGE rivals from 1976 on. We competed with them a lot, and went back and forth (as the scores can attest) constantly. They were one of the nicest bunch of people you could hope to meet. LancerLegend, a few others, and I partied with them at the Venice after the 1978 Bayonne show, and we all hung out with them at Pine Banks in Melrose when they came up here for our show. They were also big supporters of Avant Garde when we toured with them in '81.

Bridgemen (and St. Andrew's Bridgemen) have always been one of my favorite corps. (and I always loved hearing their female members say "Da choich at da conna of toidy toid and toid".

:huh:

name please?

i think he may be adding a little drama to the story!! :P

Jay Webb, And I definately believe he would do something like that. it may have only been a couple days on the park bench, but still that was some dedication.

Jay Webb, And I definately believe he would do something like that. it may have only been a couple days on the park bench, but still that was some dedication.
w/Stp:

Jay Webb's a neet dude. :)

27th and Bridgemen were HUGE rivals from 1976 on. We competed with them a lot, and went back and forth (as the scores can attest) constantly. They were one of the nicest bunch of people you could hope to meet. LancerLegend, a few others, and I partied with them at the Venice after the 1978 Bayonne show, and we all hung out with them at Pine Banks in Melrose when they came up here for our show. They were also big supporters of Avant Garde when we toured with them in '81.

Bridgemen (and St. Andrew's Bridgemen) have always been one of my favorite corps. (and I always loved hearing their female members say "Da choich at da conna of toidy toid and toid".

:ph34r:

come on everyone knows there ain't no 3rd ave in Bayonne! Hey wait my wife's from Bayonne. Watch it... she'll kick your ###!! :P

w/Stp:

Jay Webb's a neet dude. :)

That he is! Also very talented, and a DCI judge. ^OO^

• 4 weeks later...