Bridgemen rumor

Heard a rumor back when I was marching that a judge in New Jersey gave youth offenders a choice of lock up or march with The Bridgemen. Any truth?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, in fact, "The Rock" has just signed a contract to play Bobby Hoffman in a movie version to be titled "The Bridgeman Gang". Watch for it in a theater near you! B)

p.s. I thought drum corps WAS lock-up :blink:

Heard a rumor back when I was marching that a judge in New Jersey gave youth offenders a choice of lock up or march with The Bridgemen. Any truth?

I vote its not true.

But I want to play with it.

I heard a rumor that they all chose lock up. b**bs

I heard a rumor that the same judge sent adult offenders to the Muchachos. :beer:

I heard a rumor that the judge was from Garfield. :P

How am I doing? :blink:

Only Kidding. I love Bridgemen, Muchachos, and Cadets.

I miss competing against all of them.

New Jersey is one of my favorite states.

This wouldn't surprise me at all.

The director of the Stockton Commodores, a man by the name of Gene Castles, was employed by the Stockton police dept.

He was responsible for giving many juvenile offenders a chance to not only avoid incarceration in the juvenile justice system by joining the corps, he was also able to get some sponsorship from the Stockton Police dept. therefore the name, Stockton "Police" Commodores.

This model served an important role in the community, and it also turned many youths lives around.

It's a shame that programs like this have died out over the years instead of expanding. There is definitely a growing need out there for alternative programs for at risk youth.

Edited by Russellrks

Great story, Russell. Actually, the roots of drum corps have a lot to do with keeping kids off the streets and out of trouble.

During the Viet Nam era didn't some judges give some offenders a choice of jail or war?

During the Viet Nam era didn't some judges give some offenders a choice of jail or war?

Went at least intothe early nineties.

Well they still do that. But if Drum Corps is an answer? I do not know. I am sure it does not hurt. I hope they would do it. Russell has it right.

Edited by Jimisback