Mello or Melli?

spamula

Mello or Melli?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What should it be called?

• Mello
    • Melli

I'm with Ed. And 92% of DCP voters agree!

I had not realized this was a poll :worthy: Guess which one I voted for just now. :P

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While completely correct by definition......I am not a horn. I am a player of that horn. I am not a mellophone. #### now I'm confused b**bs b**bs

Wouldn't the player of the horn be called a mellophonist? Which of course in common usage would probably be called a 'mello' in short..........And a group of players would be called 'mellos'...........Oh Snap! Here we go again......... :worthy:

Mello for one ... melli for the line. I don't know how or where I picked up the habit but that's how I address my students. It is a natural form of pluralism.

My thoughts also, tho I spell it meli !! :lol:

I thought mellophone players were just the ugly sop players ... i mean ... you can't see their faces past that fat bell :P Thank goodness all French Horn players are HOT B)

So basically what you are saying is,...

Trumpi

Alti

Tubi

Fluti

I just dont get why, and I believe that the natural form of pluralism would turn to be Mellophones.. not mellophoni

So in that case.. would it be Mellophones ???

And yes, I can see the Stan Kenton with the I for the iums part of it.. be who really calls it that anymore? If thats the case, why isnt it a Euphi?

As for the Alto or Alto's - I dont mind that AT all, because thats the true voice of the instrument. Our one instructor, Dave Orser calls them that all the time!

Either version is just a shortened name. Sops instead of sopranos, baris instead of baritones, contras instead of contrabasses. It is the way of this world, ie 24/7 etc.

What's the difference between a mello player and a terrorist?

Terrorists have sympathizers. :-)

To use a fairly infamous quote....."Can't we all just get along?"

If not, I propose a new type of DCA corps. All-Mello, All The Time. no battery, no pit, no guard, no nothing, just a wall of Counter Melody goodness. I can see it now. Well, at least while I am still on my meds.

Let me in that group!!!! :lol:

I thought mellophone players were just the ugly sop players ... i mean ... you can't see their faces past that fat bell :P Thank goodness all French Horn players are HOT B)

That big bell keeps us from seeing all the other ugly people!

:P