Bushwackers' Brass Program

tubajoe

Dear drum corps friends,

I want to personally and enthusiastically invite you to be a part of the Bushwacker hornline.

There are some important personal guarantees that I make to you…

-You will be pushed harder than you have been pushed before.

-You will become a better, more efficient, more proficient musician overall, regardless of the level you are at now and regardless of your previous experience level.

-You will play music that challenges you technically, musically, and intellectually, regardless of the level you are at now.

-You will learn new techniques and perspectives, regardless of the level you are at now.

-You will learn how to go beyond what normal drum corps is all about and learn things that are applicable to all areas of music performance.

I also guarantee that some of you may not be able to handle the responsibility, challenge, or the extreme dedication needed to deal with such a high level of expectation.

...but, that is what it takes to be the best.

This is my personal pledge and invite to you… I work really hard at this -- to make sure that EVERY member of the line goes above and beyond what they thought they could do before. To me, that is what this activity is all about.

If this does not happen with every player, I am not doing my job – and this is a job that I take VERY seriously. (…just ask last year’s line.)

We start this coming Saturday, 10am. (info HERE)

Sincerely,

Joe Exley

Bushwackers Brass Caption Head (2005-current)

I think that all of the brass players who walked in our doors today at our open house (and there were a lot of them!!!) saw and experienced everything you say here. The line was pushed and the bar was raised from last season. I'm honored to be on this brass staff, and I look forward to being a part of what you wrote above.

Go Bush.

Dear drum corps friends,

I want to personally and enthusiastically invite you to be a part of the Bushwacker hornline.

There are some important personal guarantees that I make to you…

-You will be pushed harder than you have been pushed before.

-You will become a better, more efficient, more proficient musician overall, regardless of the level you are at now and regardless of your previous experience level.

-You will play music that challenges you technically, musically, and intellectually, regardless of the level you are at now.

-You will learn new techniques and perspectives, regardless of the level you are at now.

-You will learn how to go beyond what normal drum corps is all about and learn things that are applicable to all areas of music performance.

I also guarantee that some of you may not be able to handle the responsibility, challenge, or the extreme dedication needed to deal with such a high level of expectation.

...but, that is what it takes to be the best.

This is my personal pledge and invite to you… I work really hard at this -- to make sure that EVERY member of the line goes above and beyond what they thought they could do before. To me, that is what this activity is all about.

If this does not happen with every player, I am not doing my job – and this is a job that I take VERY seriously. (…just ask last year’s line.)

We start this coming Saturday, 10am. (info HERE)

Sincerely,

Joe Exley

Bushwackers Brass Caption Head (2005-current)

You forgot one thing.."We will serve no wine before it's time!"

I didn't chime in on this, but I will now. Joe and his team (my first official "yo" to John Adcock!) were SERIOUSLY pushing the line ON THE FIRST DAY!!

Teaching, correcting, motivating, pushing...and the line just kept going.

Bush Brass may not be for everyone, but if you decide it is, you will become a much improved player.

Joe, Scott, Chris and John...keep it up, guys. Simply incredible watching you teach, seeing the line respond so well, and everyone having fun GETTING GOOD!

Now that's drum corps.

This program is such a great place for all brass musicians. We also welcome ANY OTHER INSTRUMENTALISTS who wish to learn a brass instrument. We love taking someone who has never touched a brass instrument and training them to be able to read and play competently with any organization wether it be drum corps, community band/orchestra, or brass ensemble. Many of our players who started on woodwinds have continued their brass playing in other such groups. Feel free to come out and check out our next camp.

Sorry to get all girly here....but....

:doh: Bush Brass Staff :wub: