Capital Brass! pipe dream ...

The new Capital Brass! was born last night!

.... with a stirring rendition of the National Anthem at the Albany Patroons home opener.

The fans seemed very pleased with the performance and the Patroons management immediately invited us to return for a halftime performance on December 29th.

Now onto our "official" debut performance, in concert, on Sunday.

Edited by brassomaniac

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,

all CB! members should be EXTREMELY proud of themselves.

2 Months together (some members for only a few weeks) and only 2 hours of rehearsal a week...

... and we put on a great concert performance on Sunday.

After a warm-up concert at the Beltrone Family Center, we played 3 sets at the Crossgates Mall "Evening of Giving" to an appreciative audience.

A few new players were not ready for our first performance, but we still had a great showing .. and a HUGE sound!

Some pics will be posted as soon as they're forwarded to me.

One more chance to hear us in concert this month:

next Friday, 12/8 - 6:30 and 7:00 pm

Candlelight Night in Kinderhook

Columbia County Museum, Kinderhook, NY

Thanks again to all our members who worked so hard and believed in our quest.

Edited by brassomaniac

caught your show tonite

It's hard to believe that you guys have gotten this far so fast.

I loved sway. And the grinch. And the blues tune. And all the solos. and the high-chops guy. and everything

Wow. A lot of enertainment out of a small corps.

You guys, and at least one gal, are going places.

Why not join us?

caught your show tonite

It's hard to believe that you guys have gotten this far so fast.

I loved sway. And the grinch. And the blues tune. And all the solos. and the high-chops guy. and everything

Wow. A lot of enertainment out of a small corps.

You guys, and at least one gal, are going places.

:wub:

Hey guys and gal. I had a great time this weekend. Thanks for letting me be part of it.

Many thanks to Tom, Aaron, Jeff, and Kevin for putting all this together from the get-go, and Tom and Kevin, for the hours you put in instructing and getting us ready!

Thanks to Scott for those awesome high notes!!! Sweet!!!! Paul, you improvising genius you!!!

Thanks to those that stopped by to check us out. Santa, I missed you big guy !!!! <santa> :( Where the @$## were you????

Holly and Ralph -- Thanks for the birthday cakes for our 3 birthdays this weekend. The dinner was a nice, enjoyable get-together. The Marinos, what a great family!!!

Frank, thanks for getting all that percussion gear on your own and playing it so well and adding so much to the performance.

Thanks to Channel 10 News Coverage --- I love the last shot of Bill with his black "Baa Humbug" hat. Priceless.

Just a great time. I think if you stop by, you will be pleased to see the nice group of people we have.

Can't wait for Friday when we play again!!! And for what waits after Jan 1.

Thanks

Dano b**bs

Edited by skymello2

I guess it was pretty clear that everyone had a great time yesterday.

INDOORS, playing some great charts, and a full show.

I think that we've elevated the typical "holiday ensemble" that we usually get in our area - playing 3 part, 16-bar arrangements out in the elements.

You folks really showed the rest how to do it, and it'll be a great launch pad for our 2007 mini-corps.

And WOW! - what great TV news coverage!

And I suspect that a few players surprised THEMSELVES to find out how much they were capable of.

Thanks to everyone for putting in the time and effort to get us off the ground!

Edited by brassomaniac

I guess it was pretty clear that everyone had a great time yesterday.

INDOORS, playing some great charts, and a full show.

I think that we've elevated the typical "holiday ensemble" that we usually get in our area - playing 3 part, 16-bar arrangements out in the elements.

You folks really showed the rest how to do it, and it'll be a great launch pad for our 2007 mini-corps.

And WOW! - what great news coverage!

And I suspect that a few players surprised THEMSELVES to find out how much they were capable of.

Thanks to everyone for putting in he time and effort to get us off the ground!

Tom, this is very exciting. Sounds like we now have some Albany Evil brewing. ^0^ I will be on board any day now.