Capital Brass! pipe dream ...

All those who thought this was just a pipe dream or a bunch of hype...

raise your hands.

Yeah, I thought so!

Well, it is about to happen!

With weekly 2-hour rehearsals since just 9/20, we've actually made this thing happen

... growing our group from the 4 guys who created it to 17 strong players with a pretty good grasp on a fairly complex, 30-minute program.

... playing a fun, contemporary book with some custom arrangements, as well as some off-the-shelf arrangements by the masters of the Big Band genre

... performing on HIGH QUALITY instruments

... and having A TON OF FUN!

It all begins on December 1st, with 5 Holiday Concert and Basketball game appearances in December.

But, after the holidays ... BIGGER plans:

• Expansion to 25 players for Spring 2007

(count on it! - yes, I said it .... and get here early to be one of them)

• more GREAT charts
  • participation in MCA and DCA events
  • and .. WAY MORE!

Check out audio, our schedule and more: http://www.brassomania.com/

Edited by brassomaniac

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are on our way!!!!!!!!!!

I hope to be one of the 25 once my schedule is fixed. I will be at work tonight until around 8 so I will miss rehearsal. Can Ed bring me the parts? ^0^

Tom,

It is getting more exciting all the time. You and Kevin are doing a great job with the charts and keeping things together.

We picked up Russ as a Bari/Euph player. Holly (Mello) and Ralph (Bari). Hell Frank DelRa is doing percussion now as well as playing his horn. Who's next?

For those making the long trek to Syracuse, Rochester, NYC or Derby, or all points N/S/E/W, come check us out first.

We don't put on appearances by holding a fancy Open House (and hope people will show up). We hold rehearsals where we work hard and smart and get better each time we meet. Some hear about us, come by and try it, like it, and stay. That is all we can ask.

So come take a look. If you like GREAT. If not, then I am sure there will be plenty of OPEN HOUSE parties to go to. But I hope you stop by and stay. We would love to have you.

Have a great Holiday season!

<santa> Dan

Edited by skymello2

I'm am so very impressed with Capital Brass. Ralph and I are having a GREAT time. I really feel challenged playing on an F horn and going through so many charts in just two hours, but MAN, it's so much fun. I actually played tonight more when I got home because I wasn't ready to stop.

I think your a bunch of really great guys and I look forward to this Sunday.

I'm am so very impressed with Capital Brass. Ralph and I are having a GREAT time. I really feel challenged playing on an F horn and going through so many charts in just two hours, but MAN, it's so much fun. I actually played tonight more when I got home because I wasn't ready to stop.

I think your a bunch of really great guys and I look forward to this Sunday.

Thanks Holly!

You and the others here are the vanguard of of an effort that will bring something really great to our area.

We're only just getting started on this adventure. If you think it's a blast now, wait until Spring.

We'll have our spots filled out, more ensemble time under our belts, and MORE GREAT TUNES!

THANKS FOR COMING ON BOARD!

Edited by brassomaniac