Thx to the Cabs

Gmannn

Way cool!!!!! Thanks for posting all the videos on the web site. Just watched the 1986 show. Loved the show, loved the soloists. Who are they? Are they still involved in the activity?

Well.. The Baritone Soloist was none other then Kent Pannel. The Soprano Soloist was known as "Bushman". He was also the soloist from 84 and 85 for Malaguena as was Kent. Unfortunately It was my only season to march with him and I don't know his real name. Mike Ryan I'm sure knowns.

Kent Pannel started sometime in the early 70's. I want to say 72 and continued on and off with the Cabs until about 1995 or so and retired! He presently is a computer science teacher at Bergenfield High School in Bergenfield NJ. he was the previous band director there from 1987 to 2002. Bushman I have seen maybe once or twice within the 20 odd years I have been with Cabs. Not sure what he is doing or if he has continued to play. He was probably one of the best Soprano Soloists I have ever had the opportunity to perform with! Not to take anything away from the countless others who have played after him. All in their own right have made an ever-lasting impression and have written their own spot in the corps history. All are equal in my book but all individually put their stamp on what they have done!

Edited by JKatzmellophone

Well.. The Baritone Soloist was none other then Kent Pannel. The Soprano Soloist was known as "Bushman". He was also the soloist from 84 and 85 for Malaguena as was Kent. Unfortunately It was my only season to march with him and I don't know his real name. Mike Ryan I'm sure knowns.

Kent Pannel started sometime in the early 70's. I want to say 72 and continued on and off with the Cabs until about 1995 or so and retired! He presently is a computer science teacher at Bergenfield High School in Bergenfield NJ. he was the previous band director there from 1987 to 2002. Bushman I have seen maybe once or twice within the 20 odd years I have been with Cabs. Not sure what he is doing or if he has continued to play. He was probably one of the best Soprano Soloists I have ever had the opportunity to perform with! Not to take anything away from the countless others who have played after him. All in their own right have made an ever-lasting impression and have written their own spot in the corps history. All are equal in my book but all individually put their stamp on what they have done!

Hey Josh and friends his name was Mike Melvin... and your right that boy ccould just flat out play...

Mike Ryan

Spelling check. Its Kent Pennell. Talk about a great band director! I was sad when I heard he was moving to another field.