wgi finals 2008 or 2009

rifleboypa

did anyone see the sign on the wgi dvd about finals being in maui in 08 or 09???????

did i miss something?

some of my friends and i saw it but when u go on the wgi website it doesn't make any mention of it...

just curious

I could see them adding a regional in Hawaii - would be a nice trip for those from the West Coast, etc. that could afford it but the logistics of getting EVERY guard in the country there would be ridiculous.

I'll look into it though :)

I am pretty sure that WGI announced last year that they would be staying in Dayton for sevaral more years. They had a Hawaii regional in 1995, however it was cancelled due to not enough guards willing to travel.

that's what i was thinking. it would be next to impossible to all the guards to hawaii.

Honolulu would be the only city on the islands which can handle the the event from a logistical point of view. The only real consideration is the cost. There is very little that is inexpensive in the middle of the ocean.

• 3 weeks later...

As unlikely as this would be it would still be cool: have wgi rent a small ocean liner and sail us all to hawaii B) Much easier than flying with all of the equipment ^_^

But then everyone would get sick from weird viruses.

I guess I am going to have to march a world guard to go to championships somewhere other than Dayton!