Did Cru Finally Bury the Hatchet With Phoenix?

None of the marching members go back that far. As for the staff- all one big happy family!

Glad to hear about the happy staff. That's why I thought it would be safe to kid about it now.

:P Then again I'm ex-Westshoremen marching with Hanover Alumni. Yet another "close geography" corps rivalry back in the day.

Only Phoenix Management person i can think from last year is Donny (who wrote the book, not Corky) Mike is the director, but that is it. As far as us "ripping them off" listen to the drum parts and see if you agree.

Only Phoenix Management person i can think from last year is Donny (who wrote the book, not Corky) Mike is the director, but that is it. As far as us "ripping them off" listen to the drum parts and see if you agree.

Having problems comparing the pit percussion parts and I'm not sure why. :worthy: For some reason on the earlier recording it sounds like the tymps and bells are moving around. :P

The horn parts sound different too. Must be 'cause of that 3rd valve. ^0^ :P

And man I'm having more fun with this than I thought I would.

what hatchet?

Blame an old(er) guy using an even older cliche.

I was going to use "...Kiss and Make Up", but that might have caused problems too. Just picturing that in my mind makes me cringe. :doh:

Just having fun with some shows I enjoyed and the supposed "less than cordial" relations the corps had back in the day. Didn't even find out about that until a few years ago when someone started a RAMD thread on 1975 Finals and Tom Peashey(sp?) opened up.

Please remember that Phoenix and Cru was a "fight between brothers" and everyone knows what happens when a third party tries to break up that fight... both brothers turn on the third party...

Those were "interesting" years to say the least...

Please remember that Phoenix and Cru was a "fight between brothers" and everyone knows what happens when a third party tries to break up that fight... both brothers turn on the third party...

Those were "interesting" years to say the least...

Sounds a bit like the relationship between Westshoremen and Buccaneers about the same time. Mainly had to do with ex-Westshore members joining (and staying with) Buccs.

Better make clear again that I wasn't trying to stir up 30 year old crap. Just floored me that Cru started with Firebird and Light My Fire. And me being me, I couldn't ask in a straight way, I had to be a smart ### about it. Sorry if anyone took it the wrong way.

No, it's all in good fun!