Trumpet Christmas

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.org/forums//ind...showtopic=73573

I got such a kick out of hearing this last Dec.

It's outragiously funny.

A Christmas Classic!!!

Bad link:

He's a link from last year outside of DCP:

http://solosoft.org:81/~chris/why_there_is...etchristmas.mp3

and once again I say that has got to be the most annoying and obnoxious recording I have ever heard ..... very nice fanfare for the first few seconds then its time to turn it off ..... screaming doesnt impress me at all ..... unless you can do it with a very good tone and control.

and once again I say that has got to be the most annoying and obnoxious recording I have ever heard ..... very nice fanfare for the first few seconds then its time to turn it off ..... screaming doesnt impress me at all ..... unless you can do it with a very good tone and control.

You are not getting it.

It is intentionally annoying in an attempt to be funny; it is not supposed to be anything even remotely serious.

It is two (very famous) guys that are amongst the finest screamers around. They are teamed up as a fictional duo called "The Tastee Bros." whose sole goal is to make fun of every stereotypical bad lead player out there. The fact that they both normally play with a great sound and style is what makes this spoof recording so #### funny. To make it even funnier they multi-tracked themselves about ten times each. They put on a commercially available recording, overdubbed themselves onto it, and just blasted like the egotistical, tasteless screamers that ruin performances every day.

The Tastee Bros. are a welcomed relief after working on freelance gigs with jerks that are actually like that.

Listen to it again, with headphones on, and you will hear some very funny stuff. You obviously have good enough ears to hear the bad stuff; are they well trained enough to pick out all of the stereotypes and humor? With all of this in mind, give it another listen . . . and LAUGH AT IT!

Edited by Periphery

You are not getting it.

It is intentionally annoying in an attempt to be funny; it is not supposed to be anything even remotely serious.

It is two (very famous) guys that are amongst the finest screamers around. They are teamed up as a fictional duo called "The Tastee Bros." whose sole goal is to make fun of every stereotypical bad lead player out there. The fact that they both normally play with a great sound and style is what makes this spoof recording so #### funny. To make it even funnier they multi-tracked themselves about ten times each. They put on a commercially available recording, overdubbed themselves onto it, and just blasted like the egotistical, tasteless screamers that ruin performances every day.

The Tastee Bros. are a welcomed relief after working on freelance gigs with jerks that are actually like that.

Listen to it again, with headphones on, and you will hear some very funny stuff. You obviously have good enough ears to hear the bad stuff; are they well trained enough to pick out all of the stereotypes and humor? With all of this in mind, give it another listen . . . and LAUGH AT IT!

The Tastee Bros. Scott Englebright & Donny Dyess

Edited by BucsBuff

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.org/forums//ind...showtopic=73573

I got such a kick out of hearing this last Dec.

It's outragiously funny.

Virgins,,I love them :P :P :P

That SCott Englebright is a monster.