Christmas Comes Early for Chops!

We didn't get to use them for caroling, but a shipment of brand new horns from King came in for Chops, Inc. this weekend! I did get to pick up a mello and play a few notes, but (sadly) I couldn't take one of these beauties home. Oh well... Our first camp is only a month away!

gregtrumpet.jpg

The amazing Greg Hiniker puts a new trumpet through the paces. He inisited on breaking open an "unmolested" one.

bobmello.jpg

CEO and fellow section member Bob Bohanek proudly displays a new mello before handing it to yours truly. Gorgeous!

wileybari.jpg

The King rep insisted that the new baris kept a fantastic tone quality no matter how hard you tried to overblow them. Wiley definitely gave it his best shot!

1151_L.jpg

These beauties are on backorder. Brand new design, and we're one of the first corps to get our hands on them! Cross your fingers, hopefully we'll have them in for the first camp... :sshh:

Edited by CallipygianKing

Nice new toys. Looking forward to hearing them at the Minnesota Showcase in April.

1151_L.jpg

These beauties are on backorder. Brand new design, and we're one of the first corps to get our hands on them! Cross your fingers, hopefully we'll have them in for the first camp... :sshh:

ahhh the new 3 valve king tubas .... hopefully they fixed the problems with the bracings near the valve casings .... head they had alot of problems with thoes last year @ Regiment ( being Phantom Regiment is the corps who gets the newest models first and tests them. ) .... me personally I want one of the 4 valve tubas ( 4th valve in the left hand ) first corps in DCA to go Bb King ... cant wait to hear it ..... I LOOOOVE King horns

Are those Josh's feet at the top of the first picture?

Oh yes. We have pictures of other body parts, though, as well.

ahhh the new 3 valve king tubas .... hopefully they fixed the problems with the bracings near the valve casings .... head they had alot of problems with thoes last year @ Regiment ( being Phantom Regiment is the corps who gets the newest models first and tests them. ) .... me personally I want one of the 4 valve tubas ( 4th valve in the left hand ) first corps in DCA to go Bb King ... cant wait to hear it ..... I LOOOOVE King horns

is that a rotor for the left hand? If it is, AWESOME! :lol: b**bs

is that a rotor for the left hand? If it is, AWESOME! :lol: b**bs

lol nah the 4th valve is a piston also .... but the one shown is the 3 valve horn so no need to worry about what the 4th valve is anyhow ok King tubas

I talked with a chick tuba from the Blue Stars last summer, and she said that the only frustration with those 4-valve tubas was that a person needed really big hands in order to reach that 4th valve on the back side. She didn't have big hands.