FusionCore Announces 2007 Design Team

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Fusion Core!!!

Holly and Ralph, congrats on your venture. Sounds like things are really happening for Fusion.

From all of at Excelsior.....Best of luck to you and Fusion.

See y'all around.

Art

Thanks much Art. Stop in the open house if you can!!! More info to follow soon.

Fusion Core is very happy to announce Larry Trimble and Stephen Raysor as Color Guard Co Designers/Caption Heads.

Larry Trimble had been Color Guard Coordinator for the Pennsbury High School Marching Band from 1999-2003. Since 2003, Larry has been the color guard designer for the Souderton Area High School Marching Band and Souderton Forté Indoor color guard. Larry has also been a member of the 1999 Reading Buccaneers horn line, the 2001 Harrisburg Westshoremen color guard, the 2002 Reading Buccaneers color guard, and the 2003 and 2004 New York Skyliners color guard. Along with drum corps, Larry has been a member of “THE GUARD” indoor color guard from 2001-2004.

Stephen Raysor is extremely excited to be working with Fusion Core this season. In 1993, Stephen worked with Pennsbury High School Marching Band. Steve has been a guard instructor at Souderton Area High School for both their indoor and outdoor programs since December 2003. Steve’s marching experience includes the Reading Buccaneers 2002 color guard and the New York Skyliners 2004 color guard.

Larry and Steve will be assisted by Kerri Steppe (aka Newlander :P ).

Kerri started color guard in 1997 while attending Pocono Mountain High School and continued until she graduated in 2000. She also marched with The Skyliners in 2003, 2004 and 2006 and with Fusion Winter guard 2005 and 2006.

Kerri taught Pocono Mountain East High School 2002 – 2004, Huntington High School in 2005 and is currently teaching Hicksville High School along with Fusion Winter guard once again.

Welcome once again Larry, Steve and Kerri!!!!!

Thanks much Art. Stop in the open house if you can!!! More info to follow soon.

It's going to be a kick @** open house! Going to be a lot of fun with a lot of good friends new and old (and before one of you makes the comment- i'm not talking about age! :laugh::P ) b**bs

I definately like that guard staff. Larry and Steve are great people. And well Kerri, shes pretty cool also!! :P I might just have to go and audition for guard.

Wow thats an image that i didn't want in my head :laugh::drool: lol

I have a question for you then. Please understand, this is not a personal atack on anyone, just a question.

After a few years of decline, the 2006 Skyliners were one of the smallest corps and lowest placements in Skyliners history. The corps directors, Ralph and Holly Marino, left the Skyliners after their 2006 season, and decided to start their own corps, Fusion Core.

Ralph and Holly did not start Fusion Core in their hometown, rather they decided to start it 3 hours away from them -- in the exact same town where the Skyliners rehearse.

Now, Fusion Core, is recruiting staff members by approaching the remaining Skyliners members, and offering them paid staff positions in their Fusion Core, which reheases in essentially the same place as the Skyliners.

I apologize if this offends anyone, as that is not my intent.

But my question is this -- Was Fusion Core simply started as an attempt to hurt or fold the New York Skyliners?

Can someone please answer this question?

Please understand, this is not an attempt to stir things up, I just want to understand why this is all happening, and why a long-time DCA corps finds itself the target of people who, at one point, deeply cared about it.

NOT TAKING SIDES HERE.

Now that I've said that, Lee does present a good point. Starting a new corps in the same town as the Skyliners and recruiting staff and members from the same pool, does seem a bit strange. I'm all for new start-up corps, but not at the expense of the ones we have. Why not anywhere else? Why not?

That's all I'm saying...