2007 Troopers

It's a housing facility that is being offered to us. It's not like we looked JUST for colleges to house at just for recruiting or other purposes...

I'm not too informed on the cost of these facilities but if they are being offered to us i'm sure that the act of taking them means that other housing sites weren't as cheap to use... and several things to take into account are facilities and what you can get out of that. These facilities, especially in Wyoming, can help us later in the season when we are learning drill and the weather isn't optimal. UW has an indoor facililty where we can use for learning the drill. We used it in 2005.

It is also one that has a history....we used it in the late 70's...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the silly record.....a College is not a University and visa versa. :)

I know the University of Akron gave college credit equal to marching band to Bluecoats a few years back.

SUNY has given credit to college members of the Empire Statesmen in the past, as well.

I find a certain poster's assessment of the Troopers recent audition camps hypocritical, at best. This person says he is suspect at all the hype associated with the newly reorganized Troopers because they have yet to list the numbers for brass, percussion and guard. Yet, his own corps has yet to post word one regarding their attendance figures from their December audition camp. Perhaps having a total of 90 members, old and new, is nothing to brag about?

Hello and happy holidays,

I wanted to clear up something for some people on this thread.

I have not posted the numbers for camps for a couple of reasons. The first one is I dont have exact numbers for any section except for the brass, and I dont want to put out info for a camp that is incorrect or incompete. The second reason is I don't know what the big deal is about turnout anyway. Sure, having 800 people at our first audition camp would be great, but it does not necessarliy mean a thing.

I can tell you that turnout so far has been well above average for the Troopers, but in the end the only thing that matters are the 135 people that actually go on tour. While I am extremely excited about the interest that we are getting in our brassline, I know that the most important thing is how well we teach and develop the players in front of us.

When I get back from camp this weekend I will do my best to post the numbers for brass between the 2 camps (TN and WY) going on this week.

I know the University of Akron gave college credit equal to marching band to Bluecoats a few years back.

Though OT, The University of Akron's Music Ed. Dept. threw a FIT when I tried to use my 2 Bluecoats credits (that were on my transcript as "University of Akron marching Band) for the 2 UA marching bang requirement credits. It's been a while since I've seen any college faculty that up in arms. :P

And slightly On Topic- Can't wait to hear the Goodwin/Brubeck charts from the Troopers this season!

i cant wait for the curiale chart. its gonna be so much fun to play joe's music again.

let's go TROOPERS! :)