Santa Clara 2005

Guard got a gift on finals night score-wise, I think.

Dude,

you have absolutely no clue. What do you know about guard, their perfornace that night, and scoring anyway ?? Did you watch it live ?? Did you see photos from that night ? How dare you disrespect and dismiss the efforts of hard working people just because you feel like it.

The guard perfornace on fianls night was simply mind boggling in regard to execution. They had a near flawless performance and easily the most solid performance of the year. I could go on, no need to, those that were there and saw it, those that performed it know just how special and "out of the ordinary" finals night guard performnace was.

~G~

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude,

you have absolutely no clue. What do you know about guard, their perfornace that night, and scoring anyway ?? Did you watch it live ?? Did you see photos from that night ? How dare you disrespect and dismiss the efforts of hard working people just because you feel like it.

The guard perfornace on fianls night was simply mind boggling in regard to execution. They had a near flawless performance and easily the most solid performance of the year. I could go on, no need to, those that were there and saw it, those that performed it know just how special and "out of the ordinary" finals night guard performnace was.

~G~

Hahaha, alright, sorry about that. You caught me. I don't know anything about color guard, scoring, and have no way of ever re-watching the SCV '05 finals performance. I've never even seen a drum corps show in person. I've just always hated the Santa Clara Vanguard, and as soon as I woke up yesterday (and especially after I saw this thread on DCP), I knew it'd be the perfect opportunity to disrespect a drum corps show that I otherwise would have had absolutely no reason to dislike.

Clearly anyone who has ever disliked a drum corps show, criticized a performance, or disagreed with a placement has "dismissed the efforts of hard working people." I think it's one of those "competition-based opinion" things. I dunno, I could just be making things up again, I tend to do that all the time.

Happy new year.

Whoever said that the group was young, I don't exactly agree with that. At least in the percussion section it was older. Average age was like 20. Aged out 3 tenors 7 snares a couple basses and a TON of pit.

It's like that in plenty of drumlines though, since they're so competitive, especially now. It's almost assumed now that the average age of your percussion section is going to be 19-20, as opposed to, say, the hornline.

Edited by Einstein On The Beach

It's like that in plenty of drumlines though, since they're so competitive, especially now. It's almost assumed now that the average age of your percussion section is going to be 19-20, as opposed to, say, the hornline.

Very true; its the case in....I'm pretty sure almost all drumlines. I've never heard of this not being true.

Hahaha, alright, sorry about that. You caught me. I don't know anything about color guard, scoring, and have no way of ever re-watching the SCV '05 finals performance. I've never even seen a drum corps show in person. I've just always hated the Santa Clara Vanguard, and as soon as I woke up yesterday (and especially after I saw this thread on DCP), I knew it'd be the perfect opportunity to disrespect a drum corps show that I otherwise would have had absolutely no reason to dislike.

You amuse me.

Dude,

~G~

Well Said... I tried to say something similar earlier in this thread but failed in comparison to your words... Hats off to you. From someone who marched SCV in 2005 it feels good to know that someone was watching the guard that night...

Happy 2007

Clearly anyone who has ever disliked a drum corps show, criticized a performance, or disagreed with a placement has "dismissed the efforts of hard working people." I think it's one of those "competition-based opinion" things. I dunno, I could just be making things up again, I tend to do that all the time.

Happy new year.

Wow... You are amusing!

Yeah, you should know by now that nobody but GMichael is allowed to have an opinion, especially when it comes to the '05 Vanguard.