Mouthpiece Check

The Original El Guapo

When was the last time you clean that thing out? Is it growing mushrooms? Can you see light come through it? Tell me the things you've found when you cleaned that mouthpiece out...... :angry:

El Guapo

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my mouthpiece from junior corps in 99 on top of my desk, kind of like a drum corps shrine. I'm afraid to touch it, it may eat me. I believe the dust and old bacteria have gotten together to form a type of monster i'm not ready to fight on my own.

Let's see...cleaned it about two weeks ago, along with my entire horn (concert horn, not my contra).

Spray a little mouthpiece disinfectant on it and see if it screams ;)^

B) ...after a rigorous Memorial Day weekend camp in 2000, filled with flies, fun & librations...I flushed out my horn and found a bunch of crude including 3 flys....one was dead, one was drunk, and the other was nicotined stained :o

Bill

When i clean it out all i find is mold and little monsters. my horn is even worse :angry:

Edited by Apuljushgurl

Where can I find a brush to run through my mouthpiece? I can't find anything the right size to scrub the insides. I see some brown stuff in there, it's kinda disturbing.