THE Ohio State Marching Band

At least they did double Script Ohio. When they do a single Script, it takes about twenty minutes, playing the same song over and over. But wait! They play it in... different keys!

Also, I have to point out during the unwinding of the Block O, their feet were awful. Angles weren't even close to uniform. You could see the same in their halftime show.

They got jacked over on halftime, too. That show was really cool... FOX just showed the worst parts from the worst angles. Bummer for them.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least they did double Script Ohio. When they do a single Script, it takes about twenty minutes, playing the same song over and over. But wait! They play it in... different keys!

Also, I have to point out during the unwinding of the Block O, their feet were awful. Angles weren't even close to uniform. You could see the same in their halftime show.

They got jacked over on halftime, too. That show was really cool... FOX just showed the worst parts from the worst angles. Bummer for them.

It doesn't take 20 minutes. Its like 5.

It looked like someone almost missed getting into it too.

One of our high school alums was planning on dotting one of the i's at this game and his family all got the $$$tickets to the game. Unfortunately the section didn't vote him in. Kinda one of those times you wish you had waited a little longer until you spent your money heh

I was really surprised by how much of the bands they showed. I was even more shocked by how much Ohio State's band impressed me. Mind you, I'm not big on football, and definitely not college bands (I respect what they do..but that's about it). But wow...Ohio State. That completely made up for the fact Florida didn't lose...

Anyone else like Texas A&M's band? We played them in football a couple years ago and the crowd liked them more than the home team band, although that's not too hard.

ugh... was nobody else watching their feet? Absolutely horrific.

And there pregame has the intensity level of "grandmother with the flu."

They're good... but not great. And with a pregame that's one big, slow follow-the-leader, it's pretty hard not to be good.

Opinions on cleanliness aside, and I think I heard some Titanic crap in there at some point, but other than that, yeah. I've always liked seeing them play. The football team? It was like someone swiped Ohio State's jerseys, locked the buckeyes up in a room someplace, lost the football game, and then gave them their jerseys back. Thanks, Ohio State...now I have to hear Gators Gators Gators all day. Boo to you!!

But regarding the band, I love the instrumentation...like a British regimental band. They could go straight from football game to beat retreat. Follow-the-leader works great at a beat retreat, so they'd fit right in.

Classy. :)