Biggest/Smallest Snarelines

While watching PR 95 the other day (6 snares with the blue drums), I tried to remember the biggest and smallest snarelines. Here is what I could remember.

Smallest

95 PR-6

86 Garfield-6

other than those two I couldn't think of any

Biggest

87 Pr-11

82(I think)BD-12

Northstar(not sure which year)late 70's?-12

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freelancers marched 11 snares in 1988

I thank that in 1990 Star of Indiana marched only 5 snares

Really? I was at finals in 90, I thought it was six. Either way that was one awesome show to watch from about 3/4 of the way up in the lower stands - freakin loud!!

1998 Crossmen started the season with eight.

Injuries got it down to seven, then six, then FIVE.

Fortunately, one kid was able to perform the first half of the show at Finals. The second half (First Circle) was just way too much of a physical beast, so he played in the pit. So next time you watch the '98 Bones, you'll see six snares at the beginning of the show and five at the end.

1998 Crossmen started the season with eight.

Injuries got it down to seven, then six, then FIVE.

Fortunately, one kid was able to perform the first half of the show at Finals. The second half (First Circle) was just way too much of a physical beast, so he played in the pit. So next time you watch the '98 Bones, you'll see six snares at the beginning of the show and five at the end.

I just watched that like two days ago!! I didn't notice. I do remeber those blue drums though.

1981 Spirit of Atlanta had 12 snares and 7 basses!

In 1984 Phantom used 18 snares at the very end of 1812 Overture for one hell of a cool roll through the end of the piece!

Edited by Periphery

Freelancers marched 11 snares way back in 1977, and at the time that was really huge. Blue Devils with 10 fantastic snare drummers in

1976 was quite awesome and impressive, then the next year almost everyone had 10.

Madison then had a 12 man super clean snare line in 1978 that was jaw dropping. I remember Rodney Goodhart just walking away from

them shaking his head and shrugging as if to say "There's nothing... no mistakes! at prelims 1978.

Boston Crusaders were not a DCI finalist back then, but they had a 5 man snare line that was very good, and Garfield marched 6 or 7 as well

at a time when it seemed "larger was better." The Marquis from Fon Du Lac, WI had 6 I believe, and they were crystal clear clean. Awesome.

Bluecoats 1988 20 snares from the drum solo through the end of the show.

Bluecoats 1987 15 snares from the drum solo through the end of Autumn leaves

Bluecoats 1981 - 10 snares whole show.

Bluecoats 2006 - 10 snares