Kiwanis Kavaliers

:drool: What's going on with KK? Are they going on tour? No information available on DCI.org and trying to find out their status. They are recruiting but there is no tour or music posted. People over there tell me to be patient. Are they going to be allowed to tour this year? I don't want to make a mistake and lose out on touring with another corps if they do not end up touring like last year.

Please help... any suggestions?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:drool: What's going on with KK? Are they going on tour? No information available on DCI.org and trying to find out their status. They are recruiting but there is no tour or music posted. People over there tell me to be patient. Are they going to be allowed to tour this year? I don't want to make a mistake and lose out on touring with another corps if they do not end up touring like last year.

I am not expecting them to tour this year, especially as a Div.1 corps. I sincerely wish them luck in getting going again, but it would be prudent to build in stages.DCI isn't going to let them jump the gun either. Maybe a limited tour here in the South and East for this year. LOTS of local performances, and come out running in 08. Hope to be wrong in my thoughts with this.

Good Luck KK

Start looking around/auditioning at other local corps before it's too late. It's still early enough to find a spot in almost any corps you might be interested, don't be sucked in by the "be patient" excuse - it's your summer, don't let an unstable organization screw you out of it. :) Of course, if they do get their act together then more power to them, but they can't look down on you for having a back up plan; go to their camp and that of another corps.

Good luck!

Start looking around/auditioning at other local corps before it's too late. It's still early enough to find a spot in almost any corps you might be interested, don't be sucked in by the "be patient" excuse - it's your summer, don't let an unstable organization screw you out of it. :) Of course, if they do get their act together then more power to them, but they can't look down on you for having a back up plan; go to their camp and that of another corps.

Good luck!

As Always, people who have no idea whats going on cannot provide answers that are correct. The thing thats going on with the Kiwnais Kavaliers right now is that they are in fact getting all thier stuff together with the help of dci. We have a checklist of things that WE have to complete by Feb 1st. Then we have some things that need to get done but about April. And then June. Of Course we want to have all of it done long before then. But you dont just get these things done overnight. SuperTim. Filling out a 501c3 isnt a 10 min phone call or email to someone.

ActualMarchingMember, where do you actually march?

JohnHoekstra, Where do you get your info from?

Corpslife wrote -

"The thing thats going on with the Kiwnais Kavaliers right now is that they are in fact getting all thier stuff together with the help of dci. We have a checklist of things that WE have to complete by Feb 1st. Then we have some things that need to get done but about April. And then June. Of Course we want to have all of it done long before then. But you dont just get these things done overnight. SuperTim. Filling out a 501c3 isnt a 10 min phone call or email to someone."

June? Unfortunately that is too far out for me to commit to this corps and will probably take the advice to check out other corps. I want to march this summer - not play local events while the group gets going.

Thanks for all the answers and help.

Corpslife - thank you for the information and while I understand that filing a 501c3 isn't a 10 minute process (I've done it - know what's involved), I'm uncomfortable waiting for an answer from DCI and KK until June. I don't want to miss going to Cali!!!!

Again, thanks everyone for the replies.

No vested interest here, but I'm curious about why KK doesn't come out and say Yes or No on tour. Waiting like they are most certainly will make attracting members difficult, and if they said they were a local group, they could start attracting kids who would not otherwise be interested...

Having been involved early on in a corps that folded after my first season, it's paramount to make your decisions early. It makes an impact on the community for years when you don't deliver... I'm not saying they won't, but really... how can you put a competitive ensemble out this season without being able to tell anyone if you're touring?

I get the feeling that the "two year, division 2" rule is playing too big a part in this...

No vested interest here, but I'm curious about why KK doesn't come out and say Yes or No on tour. Waiting like they are most certainly will make attracting members difficult, and if they said they were a local group, they could start attracting kids who would not otherwise be interested...

Having been involved early on in a corps that folded after my first season, it's paramount to make your decisions early. It makes an impact on the community for years when you don't deliver... I'm not saying they won't, but really... how can you put a competitive ensemble out this season without being able to tell anyone if you're touring?

I get the feeling that the "two year, division 2" rule is playing too big a part in this...

Did you not read my previous post? I hate when people dont read all of the posts and just post what they want to say.

Did you not read my previous post? I hate when people dont read all of the posts and just post what they want to say.

So you seem to be "in the know". Are you planning on a national tour or not? It's an easy question. I think any potential member has the right to ask the question and he did not get an answer from your website, he then asked for advice from DCP members. Seems reasonable to me. In fact, I think this might be the person who posted on your website asking the same question ( and getting the same non-answer). You have had a year off to "get things together" and as much as I hate to say it, things do not look " together". The move to Florida could have been done sooner. The 501c3 could have been filed sooner. These things do not depend on DCI. I do understand that DCI has deadlines, but trying to make it sound that this is all their fault seems dishonest. And then to come on here and blast anyone who questions to possiblilty of KK actually touring this year is irresponsible. If you are an official of KK, you entered into this discussion and you have a responsibility to give an answer. Just remember, in the absence of real info, most people will think the worst.