I think the Madison Scouts should play Slaughter this year.

Right with you Jeff on Ding Dong! The difficulty however in reprising music that old is that Mellophones are not good stand ins for French Horns.

What, you mean they don't play in tune or something? :P

Edited by madalumni

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? I'm 53, and I would not care to see corps drag old stuff when there are so many tunes not done to death...esp the Malag -uena -a tunes. I can go just fine with NEVER hearing them again on the field, other than by the alumni corps, where it's great.

Well, you and I have highly different opinions. You're one of the few old time members that want amplification/electronic instruments/woodwinds... I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

-Weedy

Well, you and I have highly different opinions. You're one of the few the only old time members that want amplification/electronic instruments/woodwinds... I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

-Weedy

Fixed. :P

Edited by Hrothgar15

Why? I'm 53, and I would not care to see corps drag old stuff when there are so many tunes not done to death...esp the Malag -uena -a tunes. I can go just fine with NEVER hearing them again on the field, other than by the alumni corps, where it's great.

Did it bother you that the Cadets recently played it?

Did it bother you that the Cadets recently played it?

Yes, it did. I loved portions of The Cadets shows from 01-04 (e.g. Moondance and Boogie Woogie...), but Malaguena and Farendole are among my LEAST favorite tunes they have done this centory.