1996 DCI Finals

I remember how anti-climactic the end of 2000 was. There wasn't much cheering, but instead all I heard was booing and people chanting "No more ties! No more ties!"

As a rookie in a drum corps who just went undefeated for the year and almost lost it in the end, it was a pretty rough ending to what could have been an even more special season.

Michael Terry

Cadets Baritone 2000-2007

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After BD's performance, while I felt it was their 3rd best of that week, I had no allusions about them not winning. As a Regiment alum, I also had no allusions about them winning, that's just kind of how it goes. I found my way down to the end zone to meet with other former Regiment members and we just waited for what was the ususal outcome, anything other than first place. When they awarded the GE caption, I venture to say pretty much most of us were thinking, “great, brass & GE, but no championship,” but it did lend an air of excitement to the remaining scores announcement. When “the score” was announced, after the initial shock subsided it was, as Jeff Foxworthy would say, “pandelerium!” Having marched my first DCI finals with the Regiment 20 years earlier, and endured the suffering since that time, it was a moment I’ll never forget.

truly one of the best shows in DCI history.

I went down to the field, where former BD director Mike Moxley told me, "This is great. Twice the number of kids get to go home Champions."

The neatest thing was seeing each corps on the sidelines cheering on the other co-champion and cheer most enthusiastically.

IMHO best quote of DCI history. And they say BD has no class...