Report From Troopers Camp (January)

Hello,

I just wanted to take a few minutes to let people know how camp is going here at The Troopers. I So here goes:

So far things are great. We have a great turnout in every section of the brass line. We have 22 trumpets here, 10 mello's, 18 Bari's and 11 Tubas. In addition, we have some people that had conflicts with this camp that have l ready been offered contracts. In total between this camp and the people that have been offered contracts already that could not be here we have 26 trumpets, 12 mellophones, 22 bari's, 13 Tubas.

In addition to a great turnout, we have some really great performers here. The tuba section is really really good. We are actually kind of freaked out about how good they are. There are some great players in every section and I am very excited about the quality and consistency that we have in the line.

I have to get back to work here with them but I will try to post more later. I plan on putting some pictures & videos up online later so you guys can see for yourself. Hopefully I can get to happen tonight but it may take another day or so....

Oh and one more thing....we have all new instruments (with the exception of the trumpets which are still in production) and they are freakin sweet!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the report! Go Troop!

I make that 73 brass....

WOOHOOOOOOOO!!! Troopers are playing with the big boys again!

That's great news - can't wait to hear how they sound!!!

Also...according to their website they have 30 percussion in camp. The pics up show a full battery at the Dec camp; so they have a great start.

Congrats to the staff...this is first-rate recruiting!!!!

THIS answers my big question as to whether they could recruit the numbers needed for a successful D1 corps in that area. For all the stress on the activity it excites me to see one of the legends come up from the ashes with this strong of a restart...from almost scratch!

The only question I have concerns guard...and I know they do not get started until April 9 (on a different schedule at thie time I presume). IF this matches the numbers and intensity shown by the rest of the corps this could be the story of the 2007 season. Please note that I am not predicting a Finals appearance; but it could be as strong, if not stronger, return as Blue Stars made this past season.

Almost all the pieces are in place..... :lol::lol::angry::wall:

(A Troopers mark...)

Edited by prodigal bari

Sounds like the 11th Cav is ready to charge. Truth be told, I'm not too concerned about how they place this year, I'm just glad they're coming. I really missed them.

Great news indeed! Welcome back into the fold, (although the 11th was always in hearts).

Best of luck to America's Corps!