Westshoremen Alumni

Hi all......

Just got back from the first 2007 rehearsal for the Westshoremen Alumni corps........ consider this an "unofficial" update, since Jeff's no longer providing the official stuff!

I would say the corps is definitely off and running! Some folks missing in each section... due to other commitments, perhaps the looming threat of bad weather (the snow flurries started flying at the end of practice), a few people not feeling well, etc. Hey, it's alumni corps.... stuff like that happens.

The pit worked on our parts for "Strawberry Soup"... at the next rehearsal, the plan for the pit is to learn "All The Things You Are" and get a little more comfortable with "Soup." On a personal note, this year I get the chance to whack a concert bass drum and gong, and play a ride cymbal. I hear a rain stick also might be in my future (possibly).... except in my hands, we might have to rename it a "tropical storm stick".....LOL

Didn't get much of a chance to check out the horn line and battery.... but what I heard sounded good for so early in our one-show season.

Next rehearsal is Sunday, Feb. 25, for the "best one-performance corps in the business." Heck, we might be the ONLY one-performance corps! :P

Fran

Had a meager turnout for the hornline today.

Yeah, only about 60!

Had a meager turnout for the hornline today.

Yeah, only about 60!

:P And packed in like sardines when I poped my balding head in. :doh:

Stopped in for a few minutes yesterday and horn line cranked up "Grand Old Flag" opener while we were still in the parking lot. Outside, windows almost totally shut and horns were facing other way and could still hear every note clearly. Yeah kinda LOUD!!! :)

Hi all......

Just got back from the first 2007 rehearsal for the Westshoremen Alumni corps........ consider this an "unofficial" update, since Jeff's no longer providing the official stuff!

I would say the corps is definitely off and running! Some folks missing in each section... due to other commitments, perhaps the looming threat of bad weather (the snow flurries started flying at the end of practice), a few people not feeling well, etc. Hey, it's alumni corps.... stuff like that happens.

The pit worked on our parts for "Strawberry Soup"... at the next rehearsal, the plan for the pit is to learn "All The Things You Are" and get a little more comfortable with "Soup." On a personal note, this year I get the chance to whack a concert bass drum and gong, and play a ride cymbal. I hear a rain stick also might be in my future (possibly).... except in my hands, we might have to rename it a "tropical storm stick".....LOL

Didn't get much of a chance to check out the horn line and battery.... but what I heard sounded good for so early in our one-show season.

Next rehearsal is Sunday, Feb. 25, for the "best one-performance corps in the business." Heck, we might be the ONLY one-performance corps! :P

Fran

I had Bucs rehearsal - but no fear, I will be there in February :)

Spoke to Eldon last night and he was fired up!!! He said some great things are going on!!!

Good luck Westshoremen. Looking forward to hearing you guys. Will you be in Harrisburg?

GO ELDON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck Westshoremen. Looking forward to hearing you guys. Will you be in Harrisburg?

The Harrisburg show on April 14 is the corps' one and only performance for 2007.

Fran

SEE YOU THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will you be in Harrisburg?

ABSOLUTELY.

The Harrisburg show on April 14 is the corps' one and only performance for 2007.

Fran

aka the "World Tour" ... Right Fran

aka the "World Tour" ... Right Fran

Jim, I believe this would be the second leg of the tour :P