Phantom Regiment in competition Saturday

GSNewell

Phantom Regiment Winter Guard will be on the floor in competition Saturday night in Douglasville, Ga.

This marks the first competition for the winter guard since 1983, when the guard placed fifth at WGI. Phantom Regiment competed at five Winter Guard International championships, earning two world titles, two runner-up trophies and one fifth-place.

Adam Sage is director of the winter guard. Rick Valenzuela is executive director of the Phantom Regiment organization.

PRWG performs at 9:16 p.m.

Show location:

Chapel Hill High School

4899 Chapel Hill Road

Douglasville GA 30135

For more information on the winter guard, go to www.regiment or www.regiment.org/winterguard.cfm.

i have a freind that will be in attendance[imagine my jealousy]and can't wait to hear what he thinks.

this is one of the most anticipated events of the season and i am excited to see them at the chesterton power regional.

Good luck, Phantom!

This is great news!

Sally

• 1 month later...

I am glad to see Phanton coming out with a guard! However, using Shostakovich ballet suite #5 as a piece of music after Patriots in 2002 is just sad. Especially since the show isn't half as good as Patriots. I am sorry but when you think of Patriots, 2002 is year that stands out, what an amazing show! On another note good look phantom, I have nothing against ya just wish you didnt use that piece!

Edited by marimbadude84

Shostakovich's Symphony #5 has been apart of Phantom Regiment's history long before Patriots used it on the floor.

Check out Phantom Regiment's 1996 DCI Tied for first place performance..... the idea for PRWG was to pay tribute to the Regiment's rich history.

Edited by MHSmirage

1974 Phantom Regiment was the very first use of Shostakovich Symphony No. 5 in the performing arts ( be it indoor or field competition ) ... Phantom Regiment also tied for 1st place on the field ending there show with Shostakovich Symphony No. 5 in 1996.

yes. Knightsbari did his research :)

they dont call me Phantom Dork Boy for nothing LOL ... I wish I could have marched PR ... but it was too far for me to travel ... but I will always love them forever ... ALL of there performing groups from the corps to the Winter Guard

I am glad to see Phanton coming out with a guard! However, using Shostakovich ballet suite #5 as a piece of music after Patriots in 2002 is just sad. Especially since the show isn't half as good as Patriots. I am sorry but when you think of Patriots, 2002 is year that stands out, what an amazing show! On another note good look phantom, I have nothing against ya just wish you didnt use that piece!

As the others have already mentioned, Phantom Regiment has a long history with this piece. The Patriots certainly didn't invent it. I think Phantom is really great this year, and the year they won DCI and played that (96) is still one of my favorite all time drum corps shows.

By the way, there's an IO guard doing that same piece of music as well. Can't remember who it was now, but I saw them in Atlanta.

In this day and age my response to doing music that's already been done is - if you can get the rights to it - go for it!

That's all it comes down to now!