KK inactive for 07

Sorry to hear that the corps is inactive for the season. Believe me when I say I know how you feel. Try to stay strong and focused while reorganizing.

If you need anything, we are here to help.

---------

Eli Marquez

Soprano

Heat Wave 2006-

Edited by Heat Wave Soprano

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we teamed up with Kiwanis Kavaliers in mid 2006, we knew going in that there would be many obstacles for them to overcome. Mainly obtaining trust from the returning members, and auditionees. It's very hard for a group (not only KK) but any organization to strive when there is so much negativity around. All that is needed is for 1 person to read a negative comment about a certain organization for them to start to believe. They believe it, and it spreads like wild fire.

Rest assured that Kiwanis will most definitely be back in 2008. I, my administration and the rest of my staff at Paradox Percussion Theatre, are doing everything in our power to help them get on the road next year.

Will it be easy? No. As long as forums exist, negative comments will out number compliments.

__

On a side note....watch PDX perform pregame at the Super Bowl! (Sorry...had to plug it B) )

Good luck, you gotta bring back the Kavies !! (Kitchener-Waterloo still love 'em!!)

:worthy: Here's to you !!

When we teamed up with Kiwanis Kavaliers in mid 2006, we knew going in that there would be many obstacles for them to overcome. Mainly obtaining trust from the returning members, and auditionees. It's very hard for a group (not only KK) but any organization to strive when there is so much negativity around. All that is needed is for 1 person to read a negative comment about a certain organization for them to start to believe. They believe it, and it spreads like wild fire.

Personally, let me point out a few facts...

This forum is HARDLY negative about having more drum corps. I think you'll find that 99% of people here would like to see you put a corps on the field. Forget the 1%.

The people in this forum are picky about their information. If you don't have a full story, this is the absolute wrong place to post.

KK as an organization has earned a reputation for not having it's gig together over the last two years. Fair or not, it's there.

Most of the questions/comments that were "negative" i.e. about not fielding -- they turned out to be accurate, didn't they?

The best way to reduce rumors is a pretty easy one. Don't post here. Many corps now have a corps policy that states that no one other than the director or an authorized agent of the director can post on a drum corps forum. I hope that you consider this policy. I also hope that you have your house in order, and open for viewing as much as possible. Build trust through openness. By this, I mean don't say "we're going to tour, I promise." Say "we have xxx bus charter company scheduled for our summer tour." Don't say, "we'll have more details soon" - have your camp schedule laid out in October, and on your website. Oh, and about that website... flashy is nice. Content about your corps, your schedule, and your instructors is better. The Visual Instructors "TBA" is very, very alarming. One missing, ok, though I'd suggest you not do that. Maybe the guard caption, but that's it.

I'm not trying to dog you here. I'm very serious about this, and I hope you take it as advice. As a historical perspective, each of the last three big inactives (troop, cap, and kk) all had big blowups here. It's a sign...

• 1 month later...
I guess this means KK won't be paying MAGIC the tour fees it owes. Most people seem to have forgotten MAGIC picked up many of KK kids who had paid thier fees to KK!

It was said this fall that all of that had been taken care of. If this is not the case, AND YOU HAVE PROOF, please share. Rumors aren't gonna help anybody.