• Cadets
    • Cavaliers
    • Crossmen
    • Madison Scouts
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • i don't know
    • all

this may shock some of you, but since i really have no idea how everyone is progressing i just picked SCV :) They had all their music done and passed out by December, they are so hardcore about it this year to avoid any disasters involving copyrighting, etc like they had last year. Its a hard book, and its a COOL book, i think it will remind many of 1999's line.

Edited by BennyASU

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the opprotunity to sit inon BD's last rehearsel in Madison last summer, and MY GOD!! Incredible. I march in Div II so we were done while div one was still rehearsing, made me want to have just one more day of rehearsal and play in the arc one more time. Somewhat inspiring to hear them warm up, I guess you could say. Cavies have an amazing pure sound. Although not quite as loud, I am impressed none the less. Makes my heart melt like butter. :rolleyes:

this may shock some of you, but since i really have no idea how everyone is progressing i just picked SCV  They had all their music done and passed out by December, they are so hardcore about it this year to avoid any disasters involving copyrighting, etc like they had last year. Its a hard book, and its a COOL book, i think it will remind many of 1999's line. 

Please forgive me, but what problems did SCV have last year with copyrighting?? What issues did it cause with their rehearsals/performance?

THis is the first I've heard of it... :rolleyes:

Please let me know where I can find this info or PM me if not applicable here...

their original opener was going to be a Stravinsky piece. They had it listed on their website and everything, then i wanna say march camp or so, possibly april they found out they couldnt get copyrights for it. So they had to drop it and hence we have the opener that they used all season, WHICH btw is one of my favorite openers ever, so im hardly disappointed it happened. :) But thats a big setback getting such a late start on your opener.

Edited by BennyASU

1st - Blue Devils

2nd - Madison

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...