• Santa Clara Vanguard
    • i don't know
    • all

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you go by best scorewise or whatever it is, then I'd have to say BD. Most entertaining in my mind is Madison however. I just love their style of music no matter what they're playing. The music that my instructor is having myself and my other lead buddy play this year is insane, and these are pretty much the two corps who have more difficult music in my eyes. I'm not saying that the div 1 music is difficult because i know it takes a lot. But #### the stuff i'm playing is wicked high. So i had to pick Madison because they have screamers and I love their style

wait until you hear the Blue Devils hornline this year....you guys will love it. I was so impressed at the Blue Devils family day 2 weekends ago. Phantom is going to be out here this weekend and I am looking forward to hearing their show along with SCV.

go dev's

Kimela

the high brass trophy that theyve won...oh...only about 18 times?

and should have won last year.......

I think you're post must of been cut-off somewhere in the submit process... shouldn't it have "IMHO" at the end?

If you had phrased it that way, all would be right in the world - but, you chose to put it as a fact which is (IMHO) totally false.

The Cavaliers DESERVED that trophy. Stand still/march/company front/facing backwards... it doesn't matter - their sound was beautiful. Eleganly put together. Those chords were the most brilliant writing and execution I've heard (IMO - and a lot of others)

I'm not trying to mean or bait or troll, I just get offended when things that are obviously opinions aren't stated that way. Especially when the corps that won, has many reasons as to why they did.

Edited by 8VAia

• 2 weeks later...
I think you're post must of been cut-off somewhere in the submit process... shouldn't it have "IMHO" at the end?

Nope, IMHO...........

BD should have won brass. They played more than half notes...

FLAME!!!!!

Well, Cavies played more than half-notes too..........

yeah, you're right...........and some whole notes with a few quarter notes sprinkled in there........

:rolleyes:

Edited by WoobieATL

• 3 weeks later...

I was personally very impressed with the sound of the opening of PR show. As a Sop player I know how hard it is to play that steady doing those movments. Overall I liked the sound of their line. I was impressed with BD as usuall no surprise there. I do wish that their soloist could have been louder though. I only got to see BD from the front twice I think and both times from the cheap seats. Though it would have been hard for any soloist to project to where I was sitting. I never did see SCV from the front but I heard some great things about them as well. All in all I was very impressed by many of the lines this year. Spirit was another that I liked, Crossmen too. I must say though it was a true priviage to play in the Madison Scout Sop line. So much history and so much fun. I can't wait to hear eveybodys lines next year. Have a good couple months off folks, then back to work, heck yeah!