Tonight on "Field Pass Live!"

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did he just say that some college bands hornline would put Phantom's to shame?

Did he just say that some college bands hornline would put Phantom's to shame?

Probably more for the acceptance of the extreme high volumes as much as anything...I am a fan of the HBCU bands; and the good ones can lay down a MASSIVE sound...maybe not symphonic; but absolutely physically overwhelming.

I do wish there were a place in today's corps world where a corps can unleash and be accepted. I miss that :( Maybe have a judging limit as was before the end of the tic...so they could lay back the crowd.

This segment is by far the best of the night...sure would like to see Boo take this on from here....

Edited by prodigal bari

Perhaps the correlation between the Honda Bowl and "audience entertainment" ought to be mentioned...not that DCI needs to go that route, but that kind of response should be studied, eh? :P

Actually, I think that is one of the reasons that some of these DCI people went to the Honda Classic band show today - to see what was going on, to study it and to see if there are any lessons that can be learned and applied in our arena.

hrmmm 150 member limit .... Im just picturing Phantom Regiment comming out with 96 horns and 20 tubas :laugh:

that's just crazy although....

I could see a hornline like Carolina Crown with 80 brass........I'd likely have to brang a change of underwear and a bib :huh: