IO guards out 2/3

guardjul123

Wow with 9 IO guards out later today there should be plenty to talk about on Sunday. Sounds as if IO might be the class to watch this season. I know I'll be interested to see how it all ends up. I'm wondering 1 thing though with the changes WGI made to the scoring. It always seemed in the past that teams took some time to get with the changes. This year 3 teams are at or above block before the 1st week of regionals. Yes I know circuit scores are not always as accurate but these teams were judged by WGI judges. Have the score sheets gotten eaiser? Or are the sheets finaly in line with what teams have been doing all along? Or are these teams all stacked with kids who have marched world before? Just questions I'm pondering. What are you all pondering in the wee hours before WGI offically starts? I'm so excited I can't sleep.

Julie

Wow! Some good scores out there for IO in the first weekend.

Does anyone else think that Code Black will get bumped to world class?

keep an eye on zydeco... they came out very strong week one of local competition.

Edited by sparkle_motion14

• 3 weeks later...

I've been trying to figure out judging for open class forever. It seems like if you can execute A Class vocabulary at a World Class level then you belong in open.......Maybe more guards have figured that out this year.

Does anyone think it's odd that over 75% of open guards have made block score the first week in February? Are the shows too easy or are judges being to nice? Love to hear your thoughts.

Correction...post block score. Only 3 guards so far have made a block score.

And to answer your question, I think it's neither. I think the independent open guards are just better across the board this year.

Edited by Stick Stack