Bridgemen lead baris now on euph

johnric

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats because I'm a line player.... I'll have to speak to those two about overblowing and sticking out!! :P

Nice.. You got me on that one..

Oh to help you out.. Look online for the baritone/euph soft case/gig bag. (ebay) the euphs can fit in that pretty nicely that is what we used because the cases are soo huge taking up half the trunk Space.. And if you load it right you can use them on the bus without damaging.. but if you can use the case then..

Larry Kerchner had a funny line on Sunday that had us howling with laughter.

I - I mean someone - pigged out on a high C at the end of one of our exercises.

Larry turned to us Euphs and said,

"Just 'cause you carry a bigger club, doesn't make you Tiger Woods."

:bleah:

Bert Lynch once told me a funny story when I quizzed him about the type of horns St. Andrew's played on.

He said, "In 1969, we bought some GD Euphoniums from OLPH Ridgemen in Brooklyn when they switched to GF horns. They were Whalley-Royce horns from Canada.

If you could play this pig you could play anything!"

I guess it's all about determination. B)

SBM_1973_024.jpg

Pictured: 1973 St. Andrew's Bridgemen. Photo courtesy of Drum Corps World.

Edited by attreides

Wow John! Nice going!!

Have you found your "Euph Muscle" yet?

No he hasnt. ^0^

thats because I'm a line player.... I'll have to speak to those two about overblowing and sticking out!! :P

Me,stick out?But Ive been doing situps. :)

and it shows ^OO^

so our 8 lead baris are now on euphomiums. We did it to try and darken the top of our low brass and take some of the brightness out.....

besides some of the juniors, does anyone else do this?

Very intriguing, and quite an investment. I take it the Corps owns the horns(?). It'd be interesting to know what mouthpieces are being used on them, or on the lower parts, for that matter. It is possible, of course to darken the timbre of the baris, by using rather deep cups, and "open" backbores, but the small leadpipes allow only so much in that area, as far as stock mpcs. are concerned.

SKY bari line in early '70s featured euphs thru the entire line. They were massive G/F, V/Rs from the Great North. The Alumni Corps used them when we first started. Trouble with those things is they had small leadpipes, so some guys were playing them with very shallow and narrow mpcs.

Anyways, can't wait to hear Bridgemen on Stage and Field this Season.

As a fan, I'd like to offer many thanks to all the folks who travel so far, and have worked so hard to bring the Corps back to us!

Have FUN!!!

Bill Moore B)