Capital Regiment Play Section

Ice

i worked hard for 2 and half months ........beating myself up to preform that show to the highest for someone to call it mediocre?........that really kinda hurts........it makes it feel like all that hard work was for nothing..........i loved that part of the show.......it was a chance for us to just lay back and have a little fun in the show.........i'm very sorry that you felt like it was just mediocre........but for us that worked hard on that show dont
If you enjoyed it, that's what counts. FWIW, the play section was called out all summer long on the boards here as a drum corps highlight. Don't let one person's negative comments define your experience.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand this logic. Compared to the potential level of excellence in your corps performance, your actual performance was mediocre. There were many individual/performance issues. Plus the show design wasn't that great, notably the transition from the play section to the closing segment of the show. It's the truth, I'm not lying to you. The judges thought so too. You're right, you worked hard, however I think you should come to terms with the fact that the end product wasn't as good as it could have been.

Wow. Let me be the first on here to just come out and say it.

You're a jerk.

Ice

You are entitled to your opinion, but to tear a group of fine hardworking kids apart like this is totally uncalled for. <**> They took what was given to them and performed it very well all summer. Funny every time I was sitting in the crowd during a performance the crowd loved that section of the show. I guess the wild,crazy standing ovation in Allentown shows just how awful it was. Or the way the crowd went nuts every time the frisbee was caught. :worthy:

We get it YOU didn't like the show, but don't be a jerk and beat up the hardworking kids that put everything they had into it. I for one enjoyed the show every time I saw it, as did many others in the crowd.

Listen folks, I never insulted anyone personally, unlike some of you. The show wasn't bad. It was simply so-so. I never said it wasn't enjoyable. But when you compare the quality of performance to other corps, or even a standard, the show was just mediocre.

I think the mere fact that you made a thread simply for the purpose of pointing out a "mediocre" portion of a 16th place show is pretty random and un-necessary. I know you are entitled to your opinion, but im sure we all can point out design flaws in all the shows that didn't make finals and even shows that made finals. It's obvious by placement that the show had flaws in one way or another, or else it would be placed higher.

The kids gave it their all and I thought they did a fantastic job and it was quite an entertaining show with a high energy finish that brought the crowd to their feet. I'm sure if you ask the kids, the staff and those of us who just sat back and enjoyed the drum corps experience, that was all that mattered.

Edited by stickman882002

I think the mere fact that you made a thread simply for the purpose of pointing out a "mediocre" portion of a 16th place show is pretty random and un-necessary. I know you are entitled to your opinion, but im sure we all can point out design flaws in all the shows that didn't make finals and even shows that made finals. It's obvious by placement tha the show had flaws in one way or another, or else it would be placed higher.

The kids gave it their all and I thought they did a fantastic job and it was quite an entertaining show with a high energy finish that brought the crowd to their feet. I'm sure if you ask the kids, the staff and those of us who just sat back and enjoyed the drum corps experience, that was all that mattered.

Well said!

I think the mere fact that you made a thread simply for the purpose of pointing out a "mediocre" portion of a 16th place show is pretty random and un-necessary. I know you are entitled to your opinion, but im sure we all can point out design flaws in all the shows that didn't make finals and even shows that made finals. It's obvious by placement that the show had flaws in one way or another, or else it would be placed higher.

You bring up a good point. I wish we could talk more in depth about show design and performance quality without offending people or it turning into a debate about electronics/biases/etc. As I've said before, I respect the performers. I simply wanted to start a discussion about that portion of the show. I realize I could have done that in a more effective/productive way now. I apologize.

You bring up a good point. I wish we could talk more in depth about show design and performance quality without offending people or it turning into a debate about electronics/biases/etc. As I've said before, I respect the performers. I simply wanted to start a discussion about that portion of the show. I realize I could have done that in a more effective/productive way now. I apologize.

It is a delicate subject, drawing the line between constructive criticism of design and criticizing how the performers execute. It ends in chaos and nothing is really discussed. Approach is key, and your approach could have been a little more thought out.