This is getting a tad ridiculous...

SCVsopAaron

I just want to say that we're all grown ups here. I'm so tired of every topic being butchered by the mods trying to keep things "on topic" and also having to check your language so much. This is drum corps we're talking about here. I don't know where you marched, but we all cussed like sailors where I march. I'm not saying I advocate cursing, but at the same time, I don't need some mod chastising me for it. Same goes for a lot of perfectly good topics getting closed by overzealous mods. LET US HAVE OUR FUN. I don't want to get the mods angry or anything, but just lighten up a little. This is all fun and games and shouldn't be taken so seriously. Im not sure who or what you're trying to protect here. feelings?

I can understand where the DCP management is coming from in regards to removal of links to copyrighted material...but removing a link and closing a thread because of a video showing PR's snare line playing spoons at the corps banquet? Come on.

What Lance said...

Furthermore, what you need to understand is that DCP is not a public site. It is privately owned and that owner (JohnD) has laid out a very strict set of rules he expects members to follow. When you sign up to this site, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the site and those are found in black and white in the Drum Corps Planet (DCP) Community Guidelines, which by the way can be foun on the top of every single page in the DCP Forums. Mods are not "powerhungry" or "over-zealous". We do not have any alterior motive, nor are we superior to anyone else. We are simply a group of members that have been asked to and agreed to help enforce the rules here.

If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to PM me.

I just want to say that we're all grown ups here. I'm so tired of every topic being butchered by the mods trying to keep things "on topic" and also having to check your language so much. This is drum corps we're talking about here. I don't know where you marched, but we all cussed like sailors where I march. I'm not saying I advocate cursing, but at the same time, I don't need some mod chastising me for it. Same goes for a lot of perfectly good topics getting closed by overzealous mods. LET US HAVE OUR FUN. I don't want to get the mods angry or anything, but just lighten up a little. This is all fun and games and shouldn't be taken so seriously. Im not sure who or what you're trying to protect here. feelings?

You were purposefully trying to drive the thread off-topic, which is a violation of the guidelines. Your "fun" makes DCP a less enjoyable place for others, and it's our job to remove that which attempts to hijack or ruin threads.

If you have a problem with a thread being closed, or with an FST member editing your thread or post, or requesting that a topic stay on-topic, PM any of the FST. We'll be happy to discuss it with you.

I don't see why every complaint put forth in an open post is handled in a "PM us and we'll take it up offline" manner (usually while closing the thread to further discussion.) Why are the mods so afraid of having to defend their behaviour in a public forum?

The original poster put forth a valid question ... while not just deal with the issues(s) instead of avoiding them?

It's in the community guidelines:

Questions or concerns a member may have regarding any Policies/Guidelines must be handled privately via e-mail, or the Private Message (PM) feature to any DCP staff member.

We don't need an extended argument about every action we take; it's counterproductive to the general welfare of the board as well as to our general goal of maintaining the privacy of people who get suspended and such as the result of a violation. We don't have a public "pillory" as some boards do for troublemakers.

And so, having answered all questions involved in this, the thread is closed. Further questions should be taken to PM.