DCA / All-Age (any division)

NanciD

The show you are referring to was actually in 1968 and it was at Midwood High School field in Brooklyn and the Troopers won by 10 points not 15. That being said I was also surprised by the spread, St. Lucy's lit the field up that day however the Troopers were the Kings of smooth and their marching was a site to behold. That and the eastern judges of the time being in seemingly total awe of the midwestern corps contributed to the spread.

Thanks for the update. Long time ago. I thought it was 15. Oh well.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

warm beer ain't good

hey.......new stadium under construction in Allentown......any thoughts

Same with Minnesota. So, in a few years...

:wub:

Didn't they just redo the stadium at allentown like 3 years ago... what are they doing now?!?

Didn't they just redo the stadium at allentown like 3 years ago... what are they doing now?!?

The upper part of the stands where the press box sits was Condemned and needs to be torn down and re-built before they can sit people there! :wub:

The upper part of the stands where the press box sits was Condemned and needs to be torn down and re-built before they can sit people there! :wub:

ahh... yes now i remember, those seats were always kind of shoddy, safety first!! although it would be a cool contest to see if a corps could knock the rest of those seats down with pure volume noise... a dissent chord.... :worthy:

List your fav. top ten *underdog* corps and years and why?

since this is the senior corps board I will leave out the junior corps, Im admittedly most familiar with 70s then 80s followed by 90s then 2000s

My Underdog list: (great corps who never got enough credit in DCA, or else had more potential than they achieved)

1. 72 Hurricanes (played with fury)

2. 74-76 Yankee Rebels (folks up North just never could feel the Blues or Southern storyline)

3. 78 Skyliners (started out #1 in 78)

4. 77 T-birds (what, give an RCA corps a good score?)

5. 78 Buccaneers (much more spirited than most other years)

6. 77 Crusaders (powerful, entertaining)

7. Matadors (you pick the year)

8. 81 Hurcs (not bcz they didnt win, they did, not enough recognition for the amazing energy they had)

9. 96 Westshore (I just think people kinda forget - dominance)

10. 88 Crusaders (beat the xtown rivals and nearly ran away with the prize)

I missed alot in the 90s

#1 all time underdog corps in senior world? Yankee Rebels, if Championships were held in Richmond or New Orleans and if there had been more shows in the South their record would have been different, 10 minute standing ovation in Atlanta GA attests, the only Dixie corps in a Yankee circuit. Close runnersup go to Crusaders, Hurcs & Matadors. I also didnt hate the 86 Fiddler show Sun did, that show got pooped on.

#1 overrated? thats another thread...

Edited by BeinGreen

Actually Jimmy, there's a new baseball team coming to Allentown. Part of the Phillies farm system. Scranton/WB is out and A'town is in. The new ballpark is under construction and set to open in '08.

Jimbalaya

ahh... yes now i remember, those seats were always kind of shoddy, safety first!! although it would be a cool contest to see if a corps could knock the rest of those seats down with pure volume noise... a dissent chord.... :doh: