:Predict the Future Friday:

:Predict the Future Friday:  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Which corps do you think will break into the current top 12 first?

• Arizona Academy
    • Blue Stars
    • Mandarins
    • Seattle Cascades
    • VK

Blue Stars have a shot at making it this year (they really do have an amazing organization) - BUT they have some stiff competition from Spirit, X-men, Colts, and Southwind (I like to dream)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can "first year" corps make finals? When I marched I think you had to be exhibition the first year - but I may be wrong.

Yes, a first year corps has made finals before. 85'.

No slight to the others on the list but Blue Stars are knocking on the door now. Knowing what I know of the staff they currently have, they will put tremendous pressure on some of the lower twelve this year.

I wasn't knocking Spirit, I was just saying that their position in finals is anything but certain. They have been on the top of the bubble the last few years - but there is a LOT of pressure from the corps behind them.

Can "first year" corps make finals? When I marched I think you had to be exhibition the first year - but I may be wrong.
First year in Div I means the corps is unranked and thus has to play first at all competitions. Later in the season, rankings are used in the regionals, but the corps will continue to march first at all the local shows. This can potentially put the corps at a bit of a disadvantage because the corps will not necessarily march directly against the other corps they are closest to in performance level. Edited by sdstar

Simple question. Just for fun. Who of those will break into finals first?

And yes, I know that Seattle and Blue Stars have made finals before, but I'm talking in their current state, looking forward.

Blue Stars will be back in finals this year, AA with in the next 2 years. Troopers will also be back in the mix as well as Crossmen, with so many corps up and comming, who will be knocked out?

First year in Div I means the corps is unranked and thus has to play first at all competitions. Later in the season, rankings are used in the regionals, but the corps will continue to march first at all the local shows. This can potentially put the corps at a bit of a disadvantage because the corps will not necessarily march directly against the other corps they are closest to in performance level.

Yes, and add to that having to zig-zag all over the green earth because you cannot schedule with the others. In 85' I don't remember doing a show, save for regional finals, where the crowd wasn't fully in their seats and the sun wasn't beaming down. It isn't easy, but I think it could be done again, someday.

Arizona is great, but I am not sure at this point they can make that run. Would be fun to watch though. Looking at the list of 'teeners' and adding Troopers and Academy, this looks to be a serious dogfight at the bottom twelve.