Responsibilities on tour

Like lunchbox said , euphs were on food truck , now its mostly euphs this year again. but its not by sections this year , you sign up for qhat your doing . But needless to say im on Food truck

Euphs rock. You are staying on the food truck. I need you there. You have done a great job. Well, except for the gravy we are getting ready to face this coming week. :rolleyes::worthy::huh::doh::doh:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

baritones - scaffolding

contras - food truck

mellos - clean the fields and area surrounding housing site

trumpets - either clean housing site locker rooms or field lining (a select few, and they actually treat field lining as an "honor")

snares - clean gym

basses - line their field, i think?

tenors - ?

guard - ?

bus jobs are assigned by the bus god (i.e. loading, water crew, cleaning crew, etc.)

We never had members line the field, but when I was on visual staff - UGH!!! I never quite got the hang of "squaring off the field" so that the front sideline was always on an angle whenever I did it alone.

As a member, we were assigned jobs by corps management. I remember being on bathroom and shower cleaning duty one year. Worst job was cleaning the busses, and that was usually punishment (swim team who snuck into a motel pool while at a rest stop). That was the BIGGEST punishment day of all time - oh, and sneaking food out from under the bays before the rest of the corps had eaten...(not me)... that was in Rockford.

Nice avatar, A27Lancer. That's outside the Doges Palace in Venice, isn't it?

When I was marching, we had a corporate sponsor who paid for folks to come along on tour and do the unpleasant things like loading and unloading buses, cleaning bathrooms, and erecting the scaffolding. They even took our luggage into the gym when we arrived at a housing site. Our only job was to perform, and play loud enough to break the windows in press boxes.

:) :P :)

Nice avatar, A27Lancer. That's outside the Doges Palace in Venice, isn't it?

When I was marching, we had a corporate sponsor who paid for folks to come along on tour and do the unpleasant things like loading and unloading buses, cleaning bathrooms, and erecting the scaffolding. They even took our luggage into the gym when we arrived at a housing site. Our only job was to perform, and play loud enough to break the windows in press boxes.

:) :P :)

Yes, I believe it is Venice. Those are Italian flag throwers - pretty amazing, huh?

You had maid service??? Did they leave mints on your pillow before lights out?? B)

You had maid service??? Did they leave mints on your pillow before lights out?? B)

Well, not at first. But we refused to go on 2nd tour unless they made arrangements for turndown service and mints on our pillows.

They didn't call us $pirit of Atlanta for nothing. :)

Edited by oldsoprano

I did scaffolding my first two years - and actually really enjoyed it. We could get it put up in no time at all.

I did field linning my last year - and HATED the job with everything in my heart and soul. Worst job there is, no question.

Best - probably bus cleanning (doesn't happen very often), or horn loading (they don't have to wear full uniforms to the show).

Well, not at first. But we refused to go on 2nd tour unless they made arrangements for turndown service and mints on our pillows.

They didn't call us $pirit of Atlanta for nothing. :)

And the mini-bars on the bus must have been nice, too b**bs

And when you had to slightly turn your head to see the picture on the on-board TV screens, was there someone there to turn it for you? Or did you have to actually use your own neck muscles?

I remember one year I had to be part of the bus loading crew in order to work off some of my tour fee. That was fun-especially when we were in Arizona (NOT!)

And then my last year, the girls were in charge of keeping the girls bathrooms/locker rooms clean everywhere we stayed at. Lemme tell ya, that part was nasty cuz not only did we have to clean up our mess but mess that was there before we used the restroom/locker rooms <**>