Responsibilities on tour

Scaffolding- Contrabasses and Basses

Field Lining- Trumpets

Food Truck- Euphoniums

Boy's Locker Rooms- Male Snares

Girls Locker Rooms- Mello girls I think

Equipment Truck- Pit, and Tenors I think. Two Vets loaded up the horn bay

Gym Cleanup and Trash- Guard

I hated scaffolding, waking up an hour early but finishing just in time for stretch and run block. . . Yet I find myself volunteering for it again. . . .

Lunchbox,

You are a worker. Keep up the good job. BTW, Contras and Basses get the scaffolding for a reason. You people are strong, strong, strong. We couldn't really give that job to just any section. :rolleyes::doh::doh::huh:

D

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd hate doing field lining, scaffolding, or bus loading.

I wonder what job would win as the best job to have on tour...

I would have to say clean up crew is the best, food and housing that is. It isn't really so bad. Cause no one wants to leave their stuff behind for us to throw out. Plus food is like taking out the garbage. Bus clean up however.....

Like lunchbox said , euphs were on food truck , now its mostly euphs this year again. but its not by sections this year , you sign up for qhat your doing . But needless to say im on Food truck

Most responsibilities were determined by the DM and Asst. DM., except for:

Trumpets: Clean bathrooms at housing site.

Mellophones: Cones and markers.

Baritones: Clean gym.

Tubas: No extra job due to giant horns that need to be polished.

The other jobs that were assigned by DMs:

Water Crew: Fill up coolers with water and gatorade before every block. Make sure cups are in stock and trash bags are available for disposal of said cups.

Cook Group: Help the volunteers load up the cook truck.

Bus Loaders: Typically given to new guys. Hard luggage and soft luggage.

Field Lining: Line the fields. (duh)

Equip Truck Cleanup: Make sure the truck is clean and that we don't leave a mess when loading up equipment after shows.

Scaffolding Erect/Derect: Self-explanatory. Different crews for each job.

On the horn bus, a pair of new guys was scheduled to clean and sweep the bus once a week.

We didn't have horn loaders/unloaders because we took our horns on the bus with us on the way to a show.

I'm probably forgetting something, but that's a fairly good overview of how we did things.

Those who got in trouble...COOK GROUP!!! I think I got it like once or twice...OH YEAH, I think me and a couple others (to remain nameless) got cook group for awhile after leaving the cones and markers behind at one housing site...was NOT a good thing to forget!!!...or was it scaffolding? I don't remember...anyway. Good times!

Edited by PageantryVisGuy

'05-Field lining :(

'06- FIELD LINING :rolleyes::doh: :ramd:

Am I the only guy on the face of the planet that enjoyed being on the field lining crew? Maybe it was the people I worked with, we always made it fun. I liked being out there before everybody else, when things were still peaceful and quiet. I'm not even a morning person. Being up early like that was the only thing that kept me from being late to rehearsal. I loaded the bus my first year. That wasn't fun at all.

i loved it the two years i did it. also, if you're staying at the same housing site for awhile it's nice to know that the only thing you're going to have to do after the initial lining is touch up the field occasionally.

also: always, always, always line the field from back to front.

Bus loading and I love it. I'm signing up for it again. It's more on a "The DM tells you what crew you're on and you do it" thing at Pioneer. My bus loading crew had it down to and art, by the first couple weeks of tour, we were at about 5-10 minutes max, and that was with each bay organized and packed full. And even when the other crews tried to beat us, and we didn't, we still beat em.

Trumpets: Scaffolding

Mellos: line the Field

Euphs & Baris: load the Equipment trailer, Food trailer & help the pit

Contras: load Buses

Drum line: clean Gym and field

[/indent]load equipment trailer

Color guard: Clean wherever they were