Boston 06

was extremely underrated.

10th place? come on. They marched extremely well, played well, the music was some of the most compelling of the year, and it was executed nicely. Not to mention the drumline (who were scored properly).

Why doesn't DCP like this show? When I listened to the apd early season, I knew that it was going to be loved by DCP, and then the talk was almost non-existent. It kind of upset me a little bit.

~>conner

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think their show was that bad. I liked the drill after the first couple minutes. I thought the beginning drill was a little weird (lack of better term) because they had to move around the half arches. Besides that, I didn't mind the show. I enjoyed the closer, from a musical and visual standpoint. I would have only placed them higher than Madison because their drill was cleaner. Overall, I thought the show was ok. I didn't hate, but I didn't love it either.

Edited by i_play_percussion

Why doesn't DCP like this show? When I listened to the apd early season, I knew that it was going to be loved by DCP, and then the talk was almost non-existent. It kind of upset me a little bit.

Remind me- what was the show actually ABOUT?

It seems that in recent years BAC has aquired a reputation of starting it's show strong, but finishing it weak. JMO

2 things kept me from loving the show. . .

Visually-the props made the drill way too easy. Notice they rarely go outside the 30's. . .small step size almost the whole show.

Musically-Just could not get into it. I don't know what to say other than that.

Now, execution-wise this was probably their best corps ever, but the show was possibly a little too "heady" for me (hehe, no pun intended). I thought in every facet they were quite clean.

Boston is one of the few shows of 2006, where i don't remember anything that got my attention, 2006 had some great shows, and Boston didn't really put up a fight in terms of show design

I think they could have done alot more with the props drill-wise. The first thing i thought when I saw them wheeling the props on to the field was- man, they can do some sick drill moves with/in/around those- and then they just didn't. I didn't like the music either, it was very clean, but it just didn't excite me, or make me think, it was just boring.

Only got to see them once, and honestly they just didn't do anything to really hold my attention.