I Remember

It really hurts when someone in the Historical forums says "This one time, our corps actually marched a PARADE!..." :(

Not to worry -- I'm sure Pebbles (Kenny) was talking about a particular parade ... trust me, he marched in the same parades I did.

One of our dreams was to be so financially stable as a corps that we wouldn't need to march in parades anymore ... our corps disbanded before that ever happened <sigh>

Edited by JoSaints

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The parade after Legions in Wildwood has to be the most memorable for me -- especially marching past Kelly's Pub <big grin>

Another that comes to mind is the Carteret Halloween Parade -- we'd all go door-to-door in uniform after we finished, collecting candy in our shakos ...

jo

Yes Kelly's, That was were the Skyliners hung out. No matter what corps, big or small, got a great ovation

The parade after Legions in Wildwood has to be the most memorable for me -- especially marching past Kelly's Pub <big grin>

Another that comes to mind is the Carteret Halloween Parade -- we'd all go door-to-door in uniform after we finished, collecting candy in our shakos ...

jo

Yes Kelly's, That was were the Skyliners hung out. No matter what corps, big or small, got a great ovation.

Yes Kelly's, That was were the Skyliners hung out. No matter what corps, big or small, got a great ovation.

I have a Kelly's story that I can't really share with a general audience such as this one. b**bs ^0^

Fran

I have a Kelly's story that I can't really share with a general audience such as this one. b**bs ^0^

Fran

Ahh come on Fran...

We're over 21 now............ :)

Yes Kelly's, That was were the Skyliners hung out. No matter what corps, big or small, got a great ovation

KElly's what a hangout.... I remember marching past there down i wildwood and watching bucky swan direct all the corps playing by.

I am sure this was common to many of you, but I distinctly recall one 4th of July when we did 5 parades.

We were ona tight schedule so we would get dropped off at the start, march the route, then right march right onto the busses with horns, drums, everything, only to jump off at the next one. what fun it was.

Must have been 1990 because I rmember we got announced as the "Number 2 drill team in the world!"

OH, one more parade tradition.

At Regiment, on the 4th of July, we would do several parades (see above post).

We warmed up for the first, but invariably would find a dead spot waiting to start a parade somewhere later in the day.

I am not sure if Regiment is still doing this, but we would line all the vets up and play the previous summers show in a horn arc.

Of course it was an awful mess, but the rookies got a good laugh at our expense for a change.

With Garfield Memorial Day was the big parade day. 4 parades a couple of exhibitions, then the rest of the day rehearsal. The 4th of July was next with 2 parades and exhibitions. Then we would pack the buses for Milbrook NY. for a contest. Anyone remember this place? It was the place where there were no stands and the crowd sat on a hill . After the show the was a small fire works show . It was always a fun show.

How about the firemans parades?? I remember marching a parade up in haverstraw, NY and the firemen giving out ham and cheese sandwiches to us to eat after the parade. We kept them as munchies on the bus for the ride home after we had a few "birch" beers at the beer trucks.......... :)