I Remember

Let's go back a few years to 1967 American Legion National Parade which was held in downtown Boston on Monday morning after the contest on Sunday night.......Once again a parade that will not be fade from memory!!

CODI

My uncle, an Army Vet stationed at Ft Devens at that time, was part of the honor guard that started the parade. He lived with my family in Roslindale and commuted to Devens daily. I remember going with our family to see him, and the parade. We stood on Charles St - between the Common and Public Gardens, and it was hot at 9am !!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Garfield Memorial Day was the big parade day. 4 parades a couple of exhibitions, then the rest of the day rehearsal. The 4th of July was next with 2 parades and exhibitions. Then we would pack the buses for Milbrook NY. for a contest. Anyone remember this place? It was the place where there were no stands and the crowd sat on a hill . After the show the was a small fire works show . It was always a fun show.

That was Bennet Collge, closed now..

Who would have thought that was going to be the good old days.......

Edited by joefanalum