Wayne Bergeron in drum corps.?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wayne Bergeron is probably one of the top 3 trumpet players in America right now.He is the first call guy out in LA and he plays with Gordon Goodwins Big Phat Band.

He was Maynards lead trumpet player for a couple of years.Very talented trumpet player.

Here is a link to his myspace page.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...0d-686bf4695be5

Have a listen at Friends like me.Maynard and Waynard really kicks towards the end with them trading off solos.. :worthy:

Wayne is a complete bad ###.

I still think you need to classify when saying outlandish things like "top 3 in America", but whatever.

However, the "Friend like me" clip is Wayne fronting his own big band and Maynard is not on that recording.

The myspace page is not run or affiliated with Wayne...it's just a fan.

Wayne is a complete bad ###.

I still think you need to classify when saying outlandish things like "top 3 in America", but whatever.

However, the "Friend like me" clip is Wayne fronting his own big band and Maynard is not on that recording.

The myspace page is not run or affiliated with Wayne...it's just a fan.

I am fairly certain that Maynard and Wayne got together and recorded this In Jan 06.I seem to remembering Wayne making a post about that somewhere.

Read more about that over on the MF official page.

http://www.maynardferguson.com/news.html

That is Waynes official myspace page.

and lastly.I would probably rate him the number 1 trumpet player in America.

I am fairly certain that Maynard and Wayne got together and recorded this In Jan 06.I seem to remembering Wayne making a post about that somewhere.

The tune "Friend Like Me" was recorded with Wayne's own big band, Maynard does not play on the tune and it was not recorded in 2006. Wayne played "Friend Like Me" (from Disney's Aladdin) with his band at the MF Stratospheric Tribute, which was long before 2006. It was out on the CD "You Call This a Living in 2002. On the tune "Maynard and Waynard", from the 2007 released "Plays Well With Others", Maynard does appear and the two do trade solos.

Read more about that over on the MF official page.

http://www.maynardferguson.com/news.html

No need...my information is correct.

That is Waynes official myspace page.

My bad...I was referencing a former page that wasn't run by Wayne's people.

and lastly.I would probably rate him the number 1 trumpet player in America.

Oh well...we all know about opinions, so I don't guess I can really knock you there. However, if that's your opinion....then it is my opinion that you need to hear more trumpet players in America.

Edited by Nespy

I forget...was he with Anaheim Kingsmen or Lynwood Diplomats?? I wanna say Dips...

Diplomats...around 71-73 IIRC

Nespy.....in your opinion whose the #1 trumpet player in north america?

also, Guy, thanks for actually knowing who he marched with!!!

Edited by iloveto8va

Nespy.....in your opinion whose the #1 trumpet player in north america?

also, Guy, thanks for actually knowing who he marched with!!!

I don't get into assinine statements such as "<insert name> is the best player in America".

Wayne B. is an incredibly talented trumpet player.....I am not saying that he isn't. I think to say that he is "the best", however, is foolish. There are more complete trumpet players out there.