Nashville Regional

guardnerd07

well i didnt get to see any SA, IA, SO, or IO but i made it just in time to see Miamisburg (SW) and Flanagan (SW). They were both amazing. I was happy to see the "underdogs" (Flanagan) win. I love the intensity of their show, I hope they metal at WGI.

I stuck around and saw a couple of IW. By far Phantom Reg. was my favorite. They move so well, and show off the amazing skills they have. It was a pretty good regional, I just wish a couple more World guards went. What does everyone else think?

Im not limiting your thoughts to only the Nashville Regional. Just what cologuard is surprising you the most the season in general.

THANKS!

Edited by guardnerd07

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really think Flanagan was the underdog. The other way around, actually...

well considering the fact that Miamisburg has been at the top in Scholastic World for many years now, except last year (i just think they made a bad choice in the theme of their show), I believe last year was the first time Flanagan ever made top 5, if i have my history correct. So i would think that that would make them the underdogs because it seems they have Arcadia running for the Bronze medal this year.

Edited by guardnerd07

well considering the fact that Miamisburg has been at the top in Scholastic World for many years now, except last year (i just think they made a bad choice in the theme of their show), I believe last year was the first time Flanagan ever made top 5, if i have my history correct. So i would think that that would make them the underdogs because it seems they have Arcadia running for the Bronze medal this year.

Arcadia is not running for the bronze, they have it in their back pocket...until Flanagan tries to do something different then what they have done the last 4 years they will stay where they stay.....thanks.

Arcadia is not running for the bronze, they have it in their back pocket...until Flanagan tries to do something different then what they have done the last 4 years they will stay where they stay.....thanks.

...Wow, do you know what you're talking about, at all?

-Yes, Flanagan is the underdog compared to Miamisburg

-Yes, Flanagan will have to change something about their show design eventually if they ever want to take it to the next level........you must admit their shows do usually look very similar and flow the same way. (although, I know another unit that this has worked for quite well for about a decade.....)

-No, Arcadia doesn't have it in their back pocket, these units haven't competed head to head all year so no one can really make that decision yet!

-Yes, Flanagan is the underdog compared to Miamisburg

-Yes, Flanagan will have to change something about their show design eventually if they ever want to take it to the next level........you must admit their shows do usually look very similar and flow the same way. (although, I know another unit that this has worked for quite well for about a decade.....)

-No, Arcadia doesn't have it in their back pocket, these units haven't competed head to head all year so no one can really make that decision yet!

agreed arcadia does not have any medal in there back pocket, centergrove and flanagan are within .2 of each other within 1 point of arcadia in the rankings, and none of the three units have competed together this season. i think its a toss up between the three. But as far as changing something about the show design to achieve the next level?? that is not really true! Look at arcadia the last three years....its the same show completley, with many of the same ideas and effects!, flanagan...same thing..progressively doing better every year, and the show is almost the same, from the feeling of the soundrack to the emotion and general feeling of the show, yet these groups seem to get rewarded most signifigantly, but on the other hand a group like centergrove that constantly is reinventing itself every year,( although one would think that this is to be expected of the world class!) it seems as though that does not help them bust in to the top 3. maybe the thing to do is look the same every year till people cant stand it anymore...then one year completely change what you look like....and bam you might win!...you never know ...seems to be working for avon this year!

just some food for thought.

on a side note what groups does everyone feel do reinvent themselves yearly?? that would make for interesting conversation??

James Logan, fo sho. They are stylistically different every year.

Are you serious? I haven't seen them yet this year, and they were different last year. But before that, they did the same thing like 10 years in a row. They are kind of known for having a very specific style and a formula. I don't mean that as a criticism; they are obviously an incredible guard, and they found what worked for them. Just like Bishop Kearney did for all those years.

I think Center Grove reinvents itself each year probably more than any other SW guard.

Also, not to nit-pick, but I don't see how Flanagan was the underdog. They were ranked above Miamisburg before this Regional. That would seem to me to make Miamisburg the underdog.