Nastalgia Music Project's Preseason: Tournament of Corps

Yes and we do mean Tournament. One on one, head to head match ups to see which corps have the endurance and consistency to give great performances night after night. Contest will take place the beginning of May, (exact days will be given once number of corps are established. Deadline to enter will be April 25th. Scoring will be much like the other preseason shows, the "magic number" system. Scoring sheets will be open, so anyone can win, regardless of size. Directors are allowed to enter 2 corps into the tournament.

Application Fom:

Director Name:

Corps Name:

Corps Location:

Application should be PM'd to me. Seeds will be given in order of registration completion.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

This is something different but sure to be fun.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Competiting Corps:

Tri-Color

Emerald Regime

Velour Knights

VK Too

Clarksville Gaurdians

Phantom Riders A

Phantom Riders C

Star of Jupiter

Star of Hawaii

Florida Dragon Batallion

Florida Dragon Regiment

Blue Angels

Les Blanc Chevalier

Cape Cod Regiment

Chipley Vanguard

Kadence

Edited by ced3905

16 corps so far!! Come be apart of the madness!!!

Edited by ced3905

C'mon! There has to be more competitive corps than this!

1 more corps and we'll have a full four round tourney. If we get 32 corps total, it'll be like DCPI - NIT tourney

Ok if you get more than one but less than 16, who gets the 1st round bye? B)

That's a good question. (sorry i'm in teacher mode) Let me start my saying that Directors that sent in 2 corps, the corps will be in opoosite parts of the bracket, that way they won't meet until the finals. Seed is determained by registration order, which is the order you see above. However, if there is a need for a bye, a director can only recieve a bye for the FIRST corps that they register. So say we need 4 byes. Then Tri-Color, Velour Knights, Clarksville Guardian, and Phantom Riders A will get the byes. I hope that answers your question.

That's a good question. (sorry i'm in teacher mode) Let me start my saying that Directors that sent in 2 corps, the corps will be in opoosite parts of the bracket, that way they won't meet until the finals. Seed is determained by registration order, which is the order you see above. However, if there is a need for a bye, a director can only recieve a bye for the FIRST corps that they register. So say we need 4 byes. Then Tri-Color, Velour Knights, Clarksville Guardian, and Phantom Riders A will get the byes. I hope that answers your question.

What about Star of Jupiter, Florida Dragon Battalion, and Les Blanc Chevalier? Didn't those directors submit two corps? I understand what "bye" means in the tournament sense, I am just not getting how it is determined.

Yes they did. But that was just a senario. Say that there are 5 byes. Then the fifth bye would go to Star of Jupiter. If we only needed 1 bye, then Tri - Color would be the only one getting a bye.

A bye is like an automatic win. You don't have to face anybody for that round. In tourney's usually the higher seeds get these cause they've earned them. They are used in case there is an unusual amount of teams in a Tournament. Perfect numbers for tournements are like 4, 8, 16, 32, ans so forth. Say we end up with 20 corps, to make the form fit, we would have to reduce those 20 to 16, so 8 corps would compete in the first round , (giving the other 12 corps byes) and those 8 would be reduced to 4, add them to the 12 and we get 16, an ideal number for tournements.

I hope that helped you.